Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Melzi Board Help???

Posted by leonnisae 
New Melzi Board Help???
March 04, 2018 12:11AM
Ugghhhh. I'm about at my wits end with motherboards! I've had my printer for a little over 2 years now and a few months ago my melzi board finally hit the bed. It burned through one of the pins and I'm not able to fix it ( I tried and the pin won't solder back on) So I ordered a RAMPS 1.4 kit. Well the company sent me one with better stepper drivers than listed which is nice but they didn't inform me of that and someone in the forums let me know they were on backwards and basically fried the board. I sent it back to the company and they're going to send me out a new one. So I ordered a new board from ebay for about $35 only to realize I can't hook it up. The board I got is a Tronxy Melzi 2.0 V5. and my original board is a Melzi 4.3.Can anyone please let me know if I can hook this board up at all or if I need to just return it and get a new one. I need to get my printer up and running in the next few days to finish a prop I'm working on for a con. Someone please help sad smiley
I am also very new to the hardware side of 3D printing. I basically have no idea what I'm doing. I'm slowly learning
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login