Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wiring bltouch with Anet A8

Posted by Giovanni62 
Wiring bltouch with Anet A8
March 01, 2018 09:04AM
Hi! Anyone could you help me. What is the right wiring of the bltouch with an Anet A8?

This
[www.dropbox.com]

or this

[www.dropbox.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 09:05AM by Giovanni62.
Re: Wiring bltouch with Anet A8
March 01, 2018 10:28PM
Both are electrically the same.
March 02, 2018 05:55PM
Is it necessary to connect the third wire of the display cable both to the display and to the bltouch?
Jax
March 07, 2018 02:50PM
The third wire on the display cable is unused with the regular 2004 LCD. As I understand it, the lead goes from the pin on the board, through the ribbon cable, but is disconnected from the LCD's circuit.
I am in the process of installing the BLTouch on my A8 as well. I printed a mount, flashed Marlin (bricked a board in the process and fried an Arduino trying to use it as an ISP D: ultimately had to wait for shipping from China), and I am following the second diagram. On mine I chose to run a USB cable between the board and the touch.
On the touch end I wired the ground to the top of a jumper and used the DuPont connectors and pin headers to attach everything.
The board end has proven to be a little more tricky.. My solution for the wire going to the display cable was to simply cut some insulation from the usb wire and shove it into the LCD ribbon. After installing the ribbon onto the connector on the board I checked with my multi-meter and it seems I have continuity. (The wire is essentially 'sandwiched' between the socket on the board and the hole the pin goes into on the ribbon)
I've tried many solutions for the z end stop wires, but I think I must not be getting a good connection. As of now, my touch is unresponsive and just flashes red or stays a dim blue.
I've got the touch working once (moves the pin and does self test), but I must have messed a connection up when trying to 'finalize' my wiring.
At this point I am starting to question if one of my connections shorted and damaged my sensor.
Have you got yours working yet?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login