Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anet A8 polycarbonate printable mod

Posted by Intensify 
Anet A8 polycarbonate printable mod
December 29, 2017 03:10AM
Looking to modify my Anet a8 to print nylon and polycarbonate (~320* nozzle/ ~150* heat bed). I have very good results with PLA and ABS with self upgrading the machine with printed parts and i have installed 2x 210A MOSFET for the heat bed and extruder.
I have a e3d clone hot end (not installed yet) which i believe i need to change the the sensor from the existing thermistor 100 K NTC with dupont cable to a PT100 Thermocouple Sensor it seems to achieve these temperatures. I am not entirely sure what i am looking for electronics wise and specification

What will my parts list contain to get this machine to achieve the requirements for these plastics? I know nylon could be done with a all metal hotend so just by changing the PTFE lined heat throat and maybe need a software mod?

To do list
  • PT100 Thermocouple Sensor
  • Volcano heat block
  • PSU upgrade?
  • Heat bed swap or mod?
  • enclosure (this has been on my to do list)
  • Heat shielding/ insulation for wires, enclosure, heat bed
  • run electronics externally from inside the enclosure
  • Dry box for plastics (nearly completed my parts collection for this)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2017 03:15AM by Intensify.
Re: Anet A8 polycarbonate printable mod
January 02, 2018 06:21AM
Intensify
What will my parts list contain to get this machine to achieve the requirements for these plastics? I know nylon could be done with a all metal hotend so just by changing the PTFE lined heat throat and maybe need a software mod?

To do list
  • PT100 Thermocouple Sensor
  • Volcano heat block
  • PSU upgrade?
  • Heat bed swap or mod?
  • enclosure (this has been on my to do list)
  • Heat shielding/ insulation for wires, enclosure, heat bed
  • run electronics externally from inside the enclosure
  • Dry box for plastics (nearly completed my parts collection for this)

Any one have some advice on specif parts i should buy or must get?
i am trying to figure out the PT100 Thermocouple Sensor but i dont entirely understand most i see are 3 wire configuration do i need some sort of control board between the sensor and the Anet main board?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 06:22AM by Intensify.
January 02, 2018 09:35AM
I have a very similar post above yours atm,.....you will need a PT100 amplification board I'm pretty sure, I think your going to have to do what I am having problems with and that is find a spare input pin that the pt100 signal can go to, I have located one on the CR-10 s-Melzi board just having issues with the Pins.h file editing
January 02, 2018 09:37AM
double post.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 09:37AM by R3dRumG33K.
January 03, 2018 04:53AM
Thanks for the reply let me know how you go if you find anything i am currently researching into a lead i found
[dyzedesign.com]
[www.b3innovations.com] - has a table [cdn.shopify.com]
Basically a thermistor rated to 500*c so it wont require anything extra just install and update the firmware table (which i am still researching on how)

Found these with a search
[www.aliexpress.com]
Will these thermistors work with that table linked above on b3innovations?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login