Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper Motor Clicking fun

Posted by kevin_kss 
Stepper Motor Clicking fun
December 27, 2017 06:42PM
so I had the board go and replaced it.. and now I cant get the old extruder or new to work. I was always assuming it
was the voltage. I had it at .9 and all the way up to 1.1 and still click click click..

I dont wantto crank it up too much since I hear it will over heat. everything I read people had it at around
1.1 or lower.. should I just keep going higher ?

or could it be some other issue..

I was reading another forum and they said the DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT should be something like below.. you can see new and old..

//#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,1600,93.5} // default steps per unit for ultimaker
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT { 79.3086, 81.111, 394.60, 96.6 }

now is that for every system or was that recommended for certain systems ? either way that didnt help when I changed
that..

so I guess I'm looking for some guidance on how I need to change my settings or voltage

running MKS base 1.5v
and 3D Printer MK8 Direct Drive Extruder 0.4mm / 1.75mm for Prusa i3
Re: Stepper Motor Clicking fun
December 27, 2017 11:27PM
the steps/mm is related to the particular hardware used. Nearly all machines will be different

(to a certain extent a lot of machines have standardized on the belts so X and Y are generally the same)

Click is often caused by the stepper being incorrectly wired, or a broken wire to the stepper

also if the extruder is blocked...

I would remove the stepper from its frame and see if you can electronically move it. If it moves the issues is probably mechanical.

NB remember that extruders will not move when the hot end is cold, M302 will over ride this, till next controller reboot
December 28, 2017 03:26AM
One thing many people forget when they use a new controller is: check, if there are jumpers for microstepping under the driver boards.
December 28, 2017 05:10AM
And check if the steppermotor has the same connection order then the PCB connector.

P3steel DXL, with Due/RADDS/Raps128 dual Wade's extruder
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login