Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Doubt: printing time

Posted by oinquer 
Doubt: printing time
September 05, 2017 05:45PM
Hi guys,
A doubt...
If i print a rectangle 50x50 with 10 mm height it takes less time than a rectangle with 50x10 with 50mm height?? Its the same object just rotated? Same volume...do the z moves really take that much time?? Sometimes its less than half time...
Re: Doubt: printing time
September 05, 2017 05:52PM
All physical moves take time.. the more layers, the more the machine has to move the more time it takes.

Also moves have acceleration, the larger the move the faster speed it can get up to.
So s 50mm move might take 1 second while a 10mm move takes .8 sec (randomly picked numbers to illiterate)
September 06, 2017 07:40AM
I suspected that was true so im glad some one has proved it.
After a bit of thought I will suggest its related to the speed difference between infill and perimeters.
We usually do infill faster than perimeters so if you have the largest surface in the X-Y plane (50 x 50) you print a lot of infill (fast). The height is then layers of perimeters (due to thin wall). If you put the side in X-Y (50 x 10) there is less infill (although top and bottom so its 50 x 10 x2) and a lot more layers of perimeters.
September 06, 2017 08:09AM
Yep i understand, between infill and accelleration should give that much difference...

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login