Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thinking of getting a Prusa i3 MK2S

Posted by Impruve 
Thinking of getting a Prusa i3 MK2S
August 25, 2017 05:56PM
So guys, i've been on the lookout for another printer. I want something that can, at least, achieve the same surface quality as my current printer.

I have a i3 BQ Hephestos but i´ve modified it quite a bit. Its packing a bowden setup with an Airtripper Extruder along with a genuine E3D V6 full metal hotend. I've tweaked the firmware quite a bit also to get really good prints.

I also have auto-bed leveling with an inductive sensor.
Everything is working great but i wanted another printer so i could print more things at the same time =).

Can anyone take a look at my prints and tell me what to expect (in terms of surface quality) from the MK2S?

Do you recommend any other printer in the same price range or close?? Im from Europe.

Thanks guys!!
Re: Thinking of getting a Prusa i3 MK2S
August 27, 2017 03:06AM
If your prints are that good with your setup now why go to another kit that you would have to retweak again?

You have a good setup and if you want to print more at the same time having two of the same just saves time in creating slicer profiles.

Now, you can still get another printer if you wanted to play with another kit but personally I chose to use two of the same kits to print more volume over speed.

I started with one anet a8 and put my efforts into making it print awesome. When I bought the second kit there was no guess work in what needed to be done to get it to print the same great quality.

Food for thought. I have looked at other printers like the original prusa and the cr10...the fact that my two printers are able to just print what I throw at them is enough to keep me from wanting another kit. And, I only need to keep track of print profiles for one printer.
August 30, 2017 02:51PM
jaded
If your prints are that good with your setup now why go to another kit that you would have to retweak again?

You have a good setup and if you want to print more at the same time having two of the same just saves time in creating slicer profiles.

Now, you can still get another printer if you wanted to play with another kit but personally I chose to use two of the same kits to print more volume over speed.

I started with one anet a8 and put my efforts into making it print awesome. When I bought the second kit there was no guess work in what needed to be done to get it to print the same great quality.

Food for thought. I have looked at other printers like the original prusa and the cr10...the fact that my two printers are able to just print what I throw at them is enough to keep me from wanting another kit. And, I only need to keep track of print profiles for one printer.

Thats a really good point!! tongue sticking out smiley

Thanks for the input!!
August 30, 2017 03:00PM
Out of interest, what filament is the grey one? it looks nice.
September 23, 2017 10:30PM
Great looking prints. smileys with beer
October 12, 2017 02:15AM
>Out of interest, what filament is the grey one? it looks nice.

[fillamentum.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2017 02:16AM by VonRansak.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login