Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X homing

Posted by erniehatt 
X homing
August 16, 2017 08:50PM
I am having problems with the X homing.
I click the home X button and it only moves 10mm click again another 10mm until it reaches home.
If i set it to move 100mm it will do so, but it will not move again.
All else works ok print quality is good, except it is printing to one side of the bed , not the centre.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Re: X homing
August 16, 2017 09:47PM
Your endstop and axis is probably miss configured

Check all of these.

X axis, X+ moves right, X- moves left

If endstop is on the left its a min endstop, if endstop is on the right it is a max endstop

Check homing direction -1 home to min, 1 homes to max endstop (set in firmware)

Check current status of endstops. send the machine a M119 command. This shows current status of endstop
Check X endstop is triggered only when the endstop is being activated.
August 17, 2017 09:38PM
Thank you very much for the input, I tried the M119, and yes it said the X endstop was triggered, I tested the endstop and it works OK, so I assume the problem lies in the firmware, but where.
I hope someone can point we in the right direction.
August 18, 2017 03:17PM
What firmware are you using, it will have a option to invert the logic of each endstop in the configuration file.
August 18, 2017 06:42PM
obewan
What firmware are you using, it will have a option to invert the logic of each endstop in the configuration file.

Thanks, but all that did was to change the direction, which is not what I am after.

Yes, I am using Marlin, and the problem I am having is with the movement itself, and the position of the print.
The direction of movement is OK, what is happening is when I home the X axis, it only moves in 10mm jumps, but does not move in either direction, but it prints ok.
I checked with M119 and it is telling me it is triggered all the time, whether it is against the endstop or not.
It is printing at the edge near the X endstop.
I am at a loss to explain it.
August 19, 2017 09:34AM
So M119 is showing X triggered when x endstop IS pressed and triggered when X endstop is NOT pressed ?
This leads me to thinking either X endstop pullup not defined or not working or faulty ramps/arduino

By inverting the logic, i meant if the X endstop detects NO or NC switch type as in the config lines

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
August 19, 2017 09:45AM
or plugged min into max socket or vise versa
August 20, 2017 12:53AM
Got to thank you both for setting me straight, all working nicely now.smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login