Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware

Posted by Bee69 
Firmware
August 15, 2017 05:45AM
Hi guys.
How do I back up my firmware, and what program do I need to do this. I want to copy my board firmware.
Thanks
Adrian
Re: Firmware
August 15, 2017 09:21AM
I do not believe that this has ever been an option. I purchased a 2nd controller for each of my two 3D Printers, then I upgraded the backups using Marlin-RC8BF-HICi3.
Once I had a working controller using Marlin-RC8BF-HICi3, I then flashed the originals as the backup controllers just in case of controller failures.

You may check on your 3D Printers web site, and see if you can download the firmware. Most 3D Printer company's have a compiled version on their web site.
August 15, 2017 11:09AM
Thanks I was hoping that it was something that I could do. LOL
August 15, 2017 09:30PM
you can get a binary dump of the firmware from the controller using avrdude, its command line, and syntax is dependent on your controller CPU type. You should also backup the eeprom

google "backup firmware avrdude site:[forums.reprap.org]"

The only thing you can do with this is put it back onto an identical controller, you cant edit it.
August 16, 2017 09:03AM
Dust
you can get a binary dump of the firmware from the controller using avrdude, its command line, and syntax is dependent on your controller CPU type. You should also backup the eeprom

google "backup firmware avrdude site:[forums.reprap.org]"

The only thing you can do with this is put it back onto an identical controller, you cant edit it.

Thank you

Did not Know this will check it out.
August 16, 2017 09:43AM
thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login