Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ANET A8 homing issues, have tried many things over and over

Posted by aneta8nut 
ANET A8 homing issues, have tried many things over and over
August 06, 2017 11:59PM
Hey first time posting in this forum but ive asked on FB and the IRC channel. The issue at this moment seems to be that the printer wont find the right home position. When i run the X0 Y0 command the nozzle is completely in the air which cuases the autoleveling sensor to not detect anything it will crash and keep going putting all the frame out of order until i unplug it. I have tried to measure the distance from the edge of the bed to the nozzle when i use the G28 command it is 10cm, that seems to be wrong. Any help would be great. [imgur.com] is the link to the images as they wouldnt fit on here. First is after G28 the other one is after trying to go to X0 Y0
Re: ANET A8 homing issues, have tried many things over and over
August 07, 2017 04:14AM
You say the first pic is after a G28, yet the X carriage is no where near the X endstop.
Does the X and Y stop at the endstop switches when you send a G28 ?
What are your home position values for X and Y in firmware? from the pics it looks like you might need a negative value,distance from nozzle to bed edge when X and Y are homed .
Re: ANET A8 homing issues, have tried many things over and over
August 08, 2017 10:23PM
when i issue g28 it touches the end stops and then it goes into the center of the bed which is not really centered but off center. when i put the nozzle on the left corner using the octopi control i get the coordinates x 36 y 52
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login