Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Clogged Tarantula

Posted by Mandor 
Clogged Tarantula
July 12, 2017 01:39AM
3dprint noob here.
Yesterday I tried first run on Tevo Tarantula.
I run a simple part with PLA that came with the printer. Preheat nozzle and bed with default firmware settings.
Preheat the nozzle on 180 and the bed at 70 if I remember correctly.
Homed the printer
Started to print above the bed.
Stopping the print, entering Z offset 0.20, again prints above the bed.
Stopping the print, entering Z offset 0.40, again prints above the bed, seems higher.
Stopping the print, entering Z offset -0.20, again prints above the bed.
Stopping the print, entering Z offset -0.40, again prints above the bed, seems lower.
Stopping the print, entering Z offset -0.60, nothing comes out, the feed motor rackets.

I guess the hotend is clogged, Tried to pull and push with hand while hotend was hot or cold, can't get the filament out.
The hotend fan was not working this whole time, don't know if that makes a difference. Now i connected it to the 12V directly.
BTW both hotend and mega fans seem to pull the air from the components instead of pushing. Is that normal configuration?

How do I declog the hotend guys. F1!
Re: Clogged Tarantula
July 12, 2017 04:30AM
Hi you need to disable the steppers to be able to push or pull the filament whilst it's hot.
July 12, 2017 04:36AM
I know that. I turned off the printer and (un)squeezed the filament clamp and tried to pull.
I tried to reverse the filament motor through the pronterface and help it by hand. Tried to stick a needle in the nozzle but only the tip since i don't have a needle narrow enough.
Tried to cool and heat and cool and it's all stuck. I can't pull out neither the filament nor the bowden tube.
July 12, 2017 06:16AM
I think you have an E3d type hot end sorry I know nothing about them.
I have a Mk8 type and what I do is when it's hot I unscrew the tip and hold it with a plyers take a blow lamp and heat it up so the filament runs out.
Then I can Push out any left in the tube.
August 03, 2017 02:49PM
So I started to work on the printer again. I attached some pictures to this post.
I have heated the nozzle to 240°C and managed to unscrew the nozzle and pull out the filament.
Now, the nozzle seems to be clogged, but that should be easy enough to solve.
I wonder how do i clean the heating block and the radiator block. I think they are clogged also. I can push in the filament about 3cm. Should the filament go all the way through when cold and no nozzle in? How do I proceed? Do I unscrew everything? The heating element and heat probe also?
I did leave it running hot without the fan attached the first time. That is why i think it might all be clogged.

[snag.gy]
[snag.gy]
[snag.gy]

Thanks
August 05, 2017 07:19AM
Ok, this is what i did.
Heated the nozzle. Took off the nozzle. Burned the nozzle on the gas cooking stove. Worked on the nozzle hole from both sides with a sewing needle because i have nothing thinner atm. Forced thin screwdriver from both ends of hotend cooler block. Fed ABS and managed to print something.
The bowden tube was certanly not pushed all the way to the nozzle.
Works now.
August 05, 2017 03:03PM
Hi I use a pair of pointy nose pliers and a small gas torch to clean the tips.
Once I've got it off I put a gas torch on it and watch the clogged plastic run out and once it is out I just blow in to it and it's good to go again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login