Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

endstops connected

Posted by npm1 
endstops connected
June 18, 2017 05:07AM
Hiya,
I have connected the endstops to the duetwifi to the point of the lights on the board lighting up when the endstops are activated.

This is great, however they don't seam to be triggering anything when for example i move the y axis by 100mm.

when i send the M119 command it can tell when whether the endstop is activated or not.

The z probe on my system lights up when a metal peice is touching the sensor, but again the axis doesn't stop.

Please Help.

I am using the Reprap configuration tool to build the config file

Kind Regards,

Nazim
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (3.1 KB)
Re: endstops connected
June 28, 2017 11:33AM
Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" (most common setup).

I have to set to true for my switches and for my SN-04N and False for my TL-W3M Proximity sensor.

In My Marlin firmware.
My settings are

// Mechanical endstop
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true for SN-04N False for TL-W3M.
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to same logic as "Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING".

You may need to invert the logic in whatever firmware you are using.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2017 11:40AM by Roberts_Clif.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login