Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

M907 code file for Mini-RAMBo? Going insane.

Posted by ScarletImpaler 
M907 code file for Mini-RAMBo? Going insane.
June 13, 2017 06:12AM
I'm at my wits end on this.

I'm towards the end of this Mini-Rambo build, and everything works, sans the Y-axis motor not getting enough current and getting real jerky print bed movement, causing shifted layers. Belt is nice and tight, as tight as my Ultimaker belts.

No matter what I do, I can't get the Mini-Rambo to talk with any of my PCs, except for that easy Marlin firmware uploader program, that comes with a pre-made code. Everything else, Repetier, Slic3r, and Arduino IDE, just doesn't work. Repetier, even though it connects to the printer, any commands just go into "waiting" and eventually restarts the Rambo with no results. Arduino IDE keeps getting random and different errors in the coding (I'm just using the standard Marlin FW). And these programs keep having these problems despite reinstalling them, and running them as administrator and under compatability. I tried everything.

Only thing left I could try to do is run a M907 code via SD card:

M907 X200 Z100 E100 ;Max 255

But, I have no idea how to actually make this work. I tried just pasting that in a Notepad file and saving it as a .gcode, but nothing happens, the board just says printing the file and just sits there. Same thing happened when I tried editing a PID tune .gcode file, which I added the M907 line to it. I tried searching online for .gcode examples for the M907 command, but I haven't any luck at all. I tried to search creating my own .gcode, but that kept on bringing up slicer programs instead of writing .gcode manually.

Can someone make a M907.gcode for me? Or offer any other help for this debacle? I really want to order Prusa's multi-material upgrade, but I need to be able to get this to work first.

Thank you, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Re: M907 code file for Mini-RAMBo? Going insane.
June 13, 2017 06:30AM
I would guess this pre made code is not normal or not for that controller.. (Im thinking prusa mk2 firmware, which until you configure it via the lcd will not talk)

how about some details, like from where did you downloaded it from?

"Mini-Rambo build" doesn’t mean a thing other than to tell us its uses a Mini-Rambo controller.

M907: Set digital trimpot motor
The default are apparently #define DEFAULT_PWM_MOTOR_CURRENT {1300, 1300, 1250}
so your values look really low.

What are you trying to achieve?

I would get the board talking as a first priority, otherwise trying anything is a nightmare.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2017 06:36AM by Dust.
June 13, 2017 07:13AM
Dust
I would guess this pre made code is not normal or not for that controller..

how about some details, like from where did you downloaded it from?

"Mini-Rambo build" doesn’t mean a thing other than to tell us its uses a Mini-Rambo controller.

M907: Set digital trimpot motor
The default are apparently #define DEFAULT_PWM_MOTOR_CURRENT {1300, 1300, 1250}
so your values look really low.

What are you trying to achieve?

I would get the board talking as a first priority, otherwise trying anything is a nightmare.

I got the FW uploader and .hex code right from Prusa3D: [manual.prusa3d.com]

The printer itself is a Franken Wanhao Di3 with legit Mini-RAMBo installed. Everything works fine with it, sans the Y-axis jerky movements. All searching for the problems pointed towards increasing motor current. I tried swapping the motors, belt tension, etc etc. Its not an hardware issue.

That line is right from here: [reprap.org] Down at the "Changing Motor Current (similar to Trimpot/Digipot)" section. By default, the values are at 100 across the motors, if Max is set at 255, then 200 seems like a fair place to try first.

What I'm trying to achieve is simple. To get the Y-axis working properly. Everything should be good to go after that.

I tried to fix the talking issues, but the problems I have with Repetier and Arduino IDE are so uncommon that there aren't any work arounds or fixes to be found online. Trust me, I worked this angle, too.
June 13, 2017 07:51AM
that firmware code is specifically for the orriginal prusa mk2, not for clones.

It is hard-coded with values for that machine and presumes you have a inductive probe and a v42 bed with the 9 embedded probe points. (also presume things like probe is in same position as the mk2)

From my experience with a mini rambo and that firmware until that firmware completes a calibration via the lcd it will not talk. That will be difficult to complete without the special bed.

It is not a standard marlin, it was based on a old marlin 1.0 from some time back.

You need to compile your own firmware. See [reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2017 07:53AM by Dust.
June 13, 2017 07:57AM
Dust
that firmware code is specifically for the orriginal prusa mk2, not for clones.

It is hard-coded with values for that machine and presumes you have a inductive probe and a v42 bed with the 9 embedded probe points. (also presume things like probe is in same position as the mk2)

From my experience with a mini rambo and that firmware until that firmware completes a calibration via the lcd it will not talk. That will be difficult to complete without the special bed.

It is not a standard marlin, it was based on a old marlin 1.0 from some time back.

You need to compile your own firmware. See [reprap.org]

But the FW Calibration DID WORK. I tried it with both the Wanhao Di3 stock and another heated bed. It was successful.
June 16, 2017 07:16AM
I did manage to get the printer finally talking with Repetier. Oddly enough, I had to change baudrate settings in the Windows Device Manager (and changed the COM port to COM 3, was COM 5, for good measure, according to a random comment found on Repetier connectivity issues). And yes, I've tried all baudrates in Repetier before this. Which I haven't found a single instance of this fix in all my searching....

So with things working with Repetier, like motor and position control, naturally I tried to send over the M907 command to the printer, but that didn't seem to fix anything.

Arduino IDE still isn't working for me, so, I think I'm going to start testing out on older laptops that will need a good dusting...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login