Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to configure nozzle fan for prusa i3 with ramps1.4?

Posted by rezaeee 
How to configure nozzle fan for prusa i3 with ramps1.4?
May 26, 2017 05:20PM
Hi
I have connected my nozzle fan to D09 pin. but it doesn't work at all! How should I configure it to work?
Re: How to configure nozzle fan for prusa i3 with ramps1.4?
May 26, 2017 06:19PM
Ok mate, In another post you say your D8 and D9 pins are faulty so could it be that?????

Lets try and keep related posts all together, dont go making a new post day or so as its not the best way to get help. Maybe bump your old post with what you have tried. We cant help you if you dont help us, there is no such thing as too much information when trying to diagnose a problem.

Anyway, I'm here now so lets try and help you out. Have you tested the fan to make sure it works, would be the first thing. hook the fan up to the 12v and make sure it spins. If not then you have a broken fan and the problem is solved.

If you test the fan and it works, then there might be a problem with the pins, take a volt meter and it it across the D9 pins, turn the fan on and see if you are getting any current through it.

Also what power supply are you using and how do you have it connected to your RAMPS board

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2017 08:05PM by scottybfg.
May 27, 2017 03:19AM
Hi and sorry for several topics. yes you right and I must keep a topic and go on.

I solved the D08 pin problem in firmware with uncommenting this line on the "pins.h" file:

#define RAMPS_V_1_3

Although my ramps is 1.4 but there wasn't V1.4 option!

But the D09 pin problem exists. I think I must change some other lines inside the firmware code. my fan and d9 pin are healthy.
May 27, 2017 04:12AM
Can you post your configuration.h file (or a link to it)
May 27, 2017 05:48AM
I have atteched my firmware.
Also another problem is that, my lcd shows some information but the only thinh i can do with the lcd is increasing and decreasing the FR percentage! there is no other options to do!
Attachments:
open | download - firmware prusa i3 with mk8 and leadscrew and 2004 lcd controler.rar (426.5 KB)
May 27, 2017 08:23AM
the knob is also a button

you can twist and left and right and press it down
May 27, 2017 04:39PM
I have tested M106 command in pronterface and the fan turned on! but when I check the fan to be on in Cura, it dosn't work!
May 29, 2017 05:53PM
Sounds like you just have setup issues. Have a read about setting up cura or watch some videos on youtube. Your first 3D printer can be very exciting and its easy to rush into it, but take your time, read and set everything up correctly and you wont have as meany little issues.

I personally use repetier host to control the printer and slic3r for the generating the G code. The good thing about repetier host is that it has slic3r and cura built in, so you can switch between the two slicers and see which one you like better
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login