Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A8 wont link on USB

Posted by OutcastZeroOne 
A8 wont link on USB
May 22, 2017 11:39AM
Hey guys,

So recently my work got an ANET A8 and I've spent the weekend putting it together. No mods to it other then a cover on the power supply, circuit breaker and power switch. Everything seems to work fine via the screen how ever when i try to link to any of my computers (Mac Mini, MacPro) I get nothing. I can see it being recognized as a plugged in item on my hardware list, but cant get anything to talk with it via USB. Ive tried 2 versions of Cura and Matter Control with no luck.

Any ideas?
Re: A8 wont link on USB
May 22, 2017 12:58PM
Did you install the serial driver that came with the printer? Have you tried using repetier host that came with the printer?

I have no issues talking to my anet a8 printers using win10 and repetier (host and server).
Re: A8 wont link on USB
May 28, 2017 02:57PM
jaded
Did you install the serial driver that came with the printer? Have you tried using repetier host that came with the printer?

I have no issues talking to my anet a8 printers using win10 and repetier (host and server).

Im on a Mac, as i stated before, everything that cam with the ANET is for windows.

I finally got it working. every walk through skipped a step about where to put the files needed. They forgot to mention that you have to "right click the Arduino.app" and select "show package contents". been years since I've had to do that so i forgot that it was a thing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login