Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

probe lifting after g28

Posted by papakel 
probe lifting after g28
May 19, 2017 07:42AM
Hi all,
can someone please help, I am building or have built an I3 printer with auto levelling probe and mixer nozzle as a follow on from my standard I3 clone. my problem is that the probe which I have set to use Z min pin, the auto levelling works fine but the G28 homing although going through the routine as I would expect sets the X and Y to 0.00 but after setting the Z the nozzle to 0.00 raises 5mm above the bed before coming to a rest. re sending the G28 command the same thing happens and even when sending the Z axis home command nothing changes the nozzle always ends up 5mm above the bed. I have trawled through the config file but have not spotted the reason. Does anyone else have this problem or has someone else had it and found the solution.
Re: probe lifting after g28
May 19, 2017 10:09AM
The solution would be to send a G92 Z5.0 ( if this is the real distance ) after G28 in slicer startcode. That way you have perfect control over nozzle height.
May 19, 2017 03:00PM
thanks o-lampe,
I will try that
May 22, 2017 12:06AM
In marlin I had to configure my z zero position.

When homing it would always stop a distance away from the bed but when sending G1 Z0 it would not touch the bed until I configured the offset.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login