Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Suggestions for Tronxy P802ma

Posted by Badcopyinc 
Suggestions for Tronxy P802ma
April 20, 2017 02:21PM
Waiting on delivery of tronxy p802ma.

background in Rc for 20 yrs. also a very familiar with PC and Electronics. I'm a bench Tech for a electronic repair company.

I've been looking for a solid place to get good suggestions and ideas for upgrades and I'm not finding anything for this printer.
I'm Also aware that this is a clone of the A8. but i wanted to ask any owners of similar models or this model of the first things i should upgrade and look for.

From what i gathered so far. I'm double checking every connection and component on the Power and main board and LCD. Also the warping on 3D printed supplied parts.
from there I'm in the dark as this is my first printer. from what i read in the 23 page thread here i should upgrade the power supply and install external mosfets? not sure if this is the case for my power supply??

Tips And suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2017 02:23PM by Badcopyinc.
Re: Suggestions for Tronxy P802ma
April 27, 2017 12:23PM
Bought the melamine upgrade kit, going to upgrade to alluminum bed cradle, power supply, borosilicate glass plate to print on and eventually the hot end.

first print was good. need to print support pieces for x and braces from thingi.
Outside of that very happy so far!
May 18, 2017 03:14PM
The first and most important mod is to add a MOSFET board to power the heated bed. I, like others, have burned up a Melzi controller hotbed channel. Now the replacement controller runs cool and the bed heats up faster.

Also, check the X carriage ends that the rods slip into. Both on the kit I received were unusable. Thankfully the P802MA I bought was for the electronics and mechanical parts. I have a P802M also.

--
TW
January 26, 2018 09:25AM
I have purchased TRONXY P802MA and have it running for the past two months. Working pretty good. Have been doing the basic mods. Printed power supply case with plug and switch, electronic case for control board and two mosfets, added the two mosfets "extruder, and bed". Those mods are working fine. Now for the the heatbed. Did the prints for various parts to steady it better, and clamps for the glass.
I bought Borosilicate Glass Heat Bed 220x220x3mm. Now for the fun part on how to get the auto level sensor set and to get auto level to work right with the glass.
I have tried but found to get the sensor to read the aluminum plate is to set the sensor about 2 mm above the glass.Any suggestions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2018 11:57AM by olesailor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login