Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Melzi not connection

Posted by JudoMN 
Melzi not connection
April 19, 2017 05:24PM
I recently tried to update my Melzi board and locked the fake chip. I purchased a new board and it is recognized by the printer software, but I can not get it to run on Arduino to fix the layer issues. I have tried all the fixes I could find, none work I have a arvisp loader and a usbtinyisp but don't know how to use them on this board (has 3 EXP con but no ISP). The repeater software reads it as a Mendel Marlin
Attachments:
open | download - s-l1600.jpg (149.1 KB)
open | download - 1.jpg (267 KB)
open | download - 2.jpg (322.6 KB)
Re: Melzi not connection
April 19, 2017 11:57PM
There are numerous causes of this error

The simplest is there is a jumper on the board which needs to be in place to allow software to reset the board JP2 in your picture. Without this it doesn't reboot and can't run the bootloader.

If that fails... your in a world of hurt.

Either the boot loader is not installed, you need a avrisp (which it looks like you have) to put one on.
NB USBtinyISP will not work...

Or the bootloader talks a different baud rate or protocol than what is listed in the boards.txt file for board. in which case its lots of trial and error to work whats whats required, far simpler to just install a new bootloader. (this is not the baud rate listed in what every your trying to upload, its a completely separate one just for the boot loader.

The isp pins are part of those non standard connectors isp connecters designed for a LCD... which pins? you going to have to work it out.

Maybe there is more information on the URL on the pcb (which is not readable from the picture)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2017 12:01AM by Dust.
April 21, 2017 02:01PM
if I run it as ATmega 1284 8MHz it says Done Uploading, but it can not be read by the software. at 16 MHz it will not load
Attachments:
open | download - 3.jpg (377.1 KB)
April 21, 2017 09:06PM
Find the boards.txt file that lists all these boards

Its very human readable, find the baudrate and protocol for the 8mhz board and copy it to the 16mhz version.
NB you must restart the Arduino IDE to reload this file.

Give this a try
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login