Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

COM PORT NOT CONNECTING

Posted by woody1940 
COM PORT NOT CONNECTING
April 08, 2017 04:14PM
ALMOST EVERYTIME I GO TO CONNECT MY LAPTOP WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL. IT WILL SHOW COM PORT 16 DOES NOT EXIST, BUT MOST OF THE TIME IT WILL CONNECT. NOW IT WILL NOT CONNECT AT ALL. ANY ONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND HOW DID YOU FIX IT. i HAVE A REPRAP PRUSA i3.
Re: COM PORT NOT CONNECTING
April 08, 2017 06:44PM
Device manager will tell you what your printers com port number is. That way you will be connecting to the right device.eye rolling smiley

click windows icon bottom left of your screen, type device manager in the search box and select device manager from the results. left click on ports to see the connected com ports, remove, and then re-insert your printers usb cable to see the device disappear and then reappear..this will confirm the com port number you need to enter in your control software to connect to the printer... if all that works ok and you still have a problem report back.

Lose the caps lock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2017 06:44PM by dart16.
Re: COM PORT NOT CONNECTING
April 09, 2017 07:47AM
Device manager will not load the CH340 driver unless the printer is connected via the USB. Some control boards can take 5V from the USB, others can't, so turn the printer on. You should then be able to see an entry under com and lpt ports for SERIAL 340G COMx, where x is the allocated port. Check that the baud rate matches your printer's default setting and that the allocated com port is within the range that you can select within the software that you are using.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login