Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y steppers out of sync and extruder not feeding

Posted by comarius 
Y steppers out of sync and extruder not feeding
April 03, 2017 01:36PM
Hi,

I bought from banggood the prusa i3 aluminium equipped with [reprap.org] board (Sanguinololu).
I assembled, tuned it , fight with mechanical stuff and is good to go. Everything is smooth and aligned.

I have 2 problems.
1. Left and right vertical steppers gets out of sync (they are connected so same controller by a splitter).
After leveling them, and selecting menu->home the right stepper looses about 2..3mm.
If I am leveling them again, same distance from their base plate, either another homing
or moving axis from menu->control->motion->move X axis (Z) up and down get's the
right motor being up with 2..3 mm, each time, until, grips due inclination.

- I switch the motor with another one from the printer and still same problem.
- I switch the power modules and still, no improvement.

2. The extruder motor moves the filament and grips fine. The extruder extrudes material when the motor
is tickled from the menu->...motion>move axis->move Extruder (E). This is also tuned up so 1mm moves the
filament 1mm +/- 10%.
But when I print, the motor seems not to make any stepping noise and the material is not coming.
I tried to print some models from randomly web site, and durring print if I am pushing the filament the
material is extruded.

Thank you
Re: Y steppers out of sync and extruder not feeding
April 04, 2017 04:16AM
If you rotate the two steppers by hand with the power off, then you will probably find that one is noticeably stiffer than the other. This will cause the stiffer motor to miss steps. Slacken the motor mounting bolts and the securing bolts for the brass dienut on that side and gently wiggle the leadscrew, retighten everything. You should be able to get it to the point that both motors will turn freely.

On some printers over-tightening the X axis belt will pull the end moulding inwards and put pressure on the Z guide rod and bearing. If you use an X belt tensioner make sure that it is pushing against the X guide rod ends and not the end moulding. Drive belts need to be only just tight enough that you cannot move the axis without the corresponding stepper also turning.

Make sure that the extruder is up to temperature, the firmware on most will prevent you from extruding at temperatures below 170C by not enabling the extruder stepper. Check that the command in the gcode used to heat the stepper is M109 as this will wait for the set extruder temperature to be reached before continuing.
April 04, 2017 04:23PM
Thank you.

Actually the right motor stiffer then the right one, not much, but still it is.
I will follow the above over the weekend and get back with results.

Thank you for the M109 gcode tip.
April 05, 2017 01:33PM
Hi,
Anyone knows a test GCODE file model which is proven to print well on my model.
Thank you.
April 05, 2017 03:13PM
[www.thingiverse.com]

simple 20mm test cube
April 06, 2017 11:38AM
Hi, The right carriage had to be filled, horizontal guiding rods to move freely into left right carriage.
I moved the stoppers on the inside so the belt wont bent the vertical ones. Now leveling works and
right motor does not lose steps.

Still feeding is still a problem. Sometime during print is either to much either too less.

Ill try the model.
April 08, 2017 01:25AM
comarius
Still feeding is still a problem. Sometime during print is either to much either too less.

Do you have a picture of your setup? How much friction is in your filament path? Is your filament spool on some sort of ball bearing support?
April 10, 2017 01:17PM
Hi,

There is no friction. Move axis Extruder, move -it nicely. Is pushed easy by hand. I read around here and there and I am in the process of refirm-ware-it with Marlin
When I am done I'll come with results. I still have problems in flashing the sanguilou board.
May 09, 2017 05:33PM
I gave up on Sanguinololu board and I replace it with reprap.
I could not burn the firmware on Sanguinololu due:
There was this thread about: [forums.reprap.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2017 05:37PM by comarius.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login