Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 Problems

Posted by Broemer 
Prusa i3 Problems
March 31, 2017 11:03AM
Hi guys.

Im building a 3d printer, but i got some problems when i try to print things.
The z axis makes a loud noise and stops moving.
What am i doing wrong?

[youtu.be]
Re: Prusa i3 Problems
March 31, 2017 07:15PM
Check your marlins configuration.h file for the DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE, if the Z is set to 5 change it to 2, compile & upload

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, 2, 25}

My updated Instructable on our Prusa i3 Build
[www.instructables.com]
March 31, 2017 09:15PM
Hello people,
I am trying to connect my Repetier to my computer without any success,
I am asked for an IP Address, but don't know what this is, can anyone point me in the right direction.
Allan..
March 31, 2017 10:28PM
Allan
I am trying to connect my Repetier to my computer
Are you able to open up Repetier and navigate to the 'Help' tab? If so, select tab and the first line should read: 'About Repetier ...........'

Post that, there are few flavor variations, it seems unclear what exactly you are trying to do.

Allan
I am asked for an IP Address, but don't know what this is
The IP Address is how networks communicate with each other. Internet comes into your house through one line (the modem). Then goes to your router. There it basically redirects the information based on the IP Address. You can think of an IP Address as a physical street address with the computers (cellsphones, smart TVs, Raspberry Pis) analogous to homes in the neighborhood.

To find the IP Address of a computer can depend on the operating system, but quick google search will show you. You can also type in the IP address of your router (defaults on sticker, on back of router) should you ever decide to venture into those.
April 01, 2017 05:58AM
I have another problem, when i try to print something the Z axis goes up and doesn't stop
April 01, 2017 08:19PM
In Repetier, go to config > printer information (alt+p) > printer shape.

Is Home Z set for min or max?

Home Z should be min for Prusa.
April 02, 2017 09:56AM
Home Z is set for min.
April 02, 2017 08:15PM
What is your
>define INVERT_Z_DIR

in 'configuartion.h' in Marlin? [Cannot pull the code off the board, must go into folder you used to load firmware onto board. Helpful to keep your folder dated/stamped in case you make changes]

True or false?
Where are you Z stepper motors located? At base of printer or on top rail?

Can't tell if your Z problem is before Homing, or after (while printing)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2017 08:17PM by VonRansak.
April 02, 2017 11:12PM
Hello, It's me again, still can't connect to my computer.
I keep getting a message box that says
"Could not connect to server
Please verify the IP Number,
and Port and Check if server is enabled"

Hope this helps with identifying my problem
Allan.
April 04, 2017 02:09AM
Dude, if you want better help. Start a 'New Topic', with your problem.

Provide on the first post, all the steps you've taken and what programs you are using.
The more information you provide on the Top Post or YOUR own topic, the better people will be able to help you.
The more visuals, pictures, the better.

Posting a question on another persons thread, will not aid your resolution.
April 27, 2017 08:08PM
@Allan

As VonRansak says, you shouldn't hijack someone else's thread. Start your own to get a better response.

However... You'd need to supply better information when posting it. What operating system are you using? Windows? OSX? Linux? Each has different serial drivers.
Windows and Mac you need to load drivers for a USB to Serial connection, in Linux, the drivers are probably already built in.

You have connected your printer to your computer vial a USB cable have you? The response you're getting implies that the computer can't find the printer and is trying to find it over the network hence the request for an IP address.
If you have cabled up the printer you need to check the driver software is installed so the printer can be identified by Repetier.

Play Bonny!

Soadyheid
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login