Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone want a MK42 heat bed?

Posted by Clifford4000 
Anyone want a MK42 heat bed?
March 25, 2017 04:36AM
Does anyone want a MK42 heated bed as used on the Original Prusa i3 MkII? I am producing a bunch of high quality clones, if interested you can get one here:
Mk42 heated bed
Re: Anyone want a MK42 heat bed?
March 25, 2017 06:19AM
Very interested! Two questions, please:
1. What are the overall dimensions, please? (excluding the electrical connector area)
2. Is it designed for 12V or 24V

Thanks.
March 26, 2017 03:31AM
My printer can accommodate a heatbed of 28mm wide maximum. It appears that this one is over 250mm so that rules me out, I'm afraid.

Richard
March 27, 2017 06:43AM
1) 235mm x 254mm ( W x H not including connector area)
2) 12V
April 04, 2017 05:21AM
I have a Prusa i3 clone. I would like to know if the automatic calibration (nine points) would work with my marlin firmware, and if I would need a particular type of inductive sensor to make use of it..
April 11, 2017 11:15PM
I've been told, that we should be able to find these on Aliexpress in the $45 range in around a month.
April 12, 2017 07:06AM
@newelley

no. marlin does not contain the code to do this at this time.
At this time only Prusa firmware does this and its been trimmed and customized to only work on mini-rambo boards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2017 07:11AM by Dust.
May 18, 2017 04:56AM
Clifford4000
Does anyone want a MK42 heated bed as used on the Original Prusa i3 MkII? I am producing a bunch of high quality clones, if interested you can get one here:
Mk42 heated bed

Hi Mr C

Just wondering if this bed will fit the Anet A8 as an alternative to the stock bed ??
May 19, 2017 04:45AM
Dust
@newelley

no. marlin does not contain the code to do this at this time.
At this time only Prusa firmware does this and its been trimmed and customized to only work on mini-rambo boards.

I've ported it to work with RAMPS and RAMPS clones like MKS boards. The only thing that doesn't work is silent mode because on RAMPS there are no digipots for stepper current.

[github.com] - take the v3.0.11-RAMPS branch and just build it in arduino and flash.

I've also made the RAMBO case Scads properly parametric so the case can be customised to fit other boards (such as MKS NASE and MKS GEN). If there is any interest I will put them up somewhere or perhaps in customiser on thingiverse.
May 19, 2017 05:19AM
Nice work. Though I suspect all it needed was new pin definitions smiling smiley
May 19, 2017 05:22AM
Yep, pretty much. There are a few things disabled around the lack of digipots and knock on effects of certain defineds, but it's not really very complex. But i've tried to do it in a maintainable way so that i can merge upstream changes into it.
May 19, 2017 05:49AM
@slippyr4

Thanks for your hard work in porting this to RAMPS and for replying to let me know it exists. I may have missed the boat in regards ordering a board from this particular run, but at least I can make an informed decision in the future.
May 19, 2017 05:59AM
I'm not sure you have missed the boat - people keep on backing it on indiegogo. However, noone has had their boards yet, and the updates from the campaign are infrequent and so far every timescale promised has been missed. Many backers are quite frustrated. I suggest you read all the comments on indiegogo before you put your money in.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login