Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hictop filament switch. How does firmware work?

Posted by all 
all
Hictop filament switch. How does firmware work?
March 24, 2017 01:32PM
I had to replace my filament switch, squashed the lever on it. It was working, just moving the mount. Anyway, so I used a spare, but it was two wires rather than three. It is still supposed to work according to Hictop. But it does not.

I continue to get “Change Filament” on the display no matter how I plug in the limit switch connector???? The display says "Change Filament”, whether the switch is press or not. I here it clicking and I know the switch is working because I check it with a meter and it closes the circuit when it is pressed. So which two pins on the PCB should the two wires be plugged into? I have tried all three pins and the same result. Maybe not seeing the forest for the trees here???

Knowing what the pin configuration should be and how the firmware is suppose to work would be helpful.

Once I power up the printer the display looks fine. Then after homing it, "Change Filament" pops up. I add filament (I here the switch click when it goes through) and then NO CHANGE to the display even after I home it, and even after I power it off and back on again.

Pulling my hair out!

Any help and pointer in the right direction would be appreciated...
Re: Hictop filament switch. How does firmware work?
March 25, 2017 01:55AM
two wire endstops/switches need a pull up resistor. This is a setting in the firmware.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login