Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anet A8 V1.0 board not working.

Posted by Papajohn88 
Anet A8 V1.0 board not working.
February 12, 2017 06:43PM
I have a problem with my Anet V1,0 board, after two weeks of use the board died yesterday. It does not power up, it is getting power as the extruder cooling fan runs. I have checked all of the connections. The power light on the board does not come on. Is there a fuse on the board? I have not examined the board, I think it may have taken a static electricity hit when I was changing the micro SD card with the machine powered up. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

John Guenther
Anderson, Indiana
U.S.A.
Re: Anet A8 V1.0 board not working.
February 13, 2017 02:35AM
If LED D1 just below the processor chip does not flash once on power up, then the processor is not booting. The board is not fitted with fuses. The 7805 Voltage regulator chip is situated just above and between the Power and Extruder Heater connections on the board. Measure the voltage between the case tab (at the bottom of the regulator) and the leftmost of the two connections at the top of it (as the board is orientated in the printer). If you get 5V then the board also has 5V power and it sounds as though you may have killed it. If you don't have 5V then replace the regulator, although it is normally obvious when that goes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login