Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need Help adding 3D Touch Auto bed leveling to RepRapGuru Prusa I3

Posted by adlammons 
Need Help adding 3D Touch Auto bed leveling to RepRapGuru Prusa I3
January 18, 2017 04:38PM
I have a RepRapGuru Prusa I3. It has an Arduino Mega 2560. I am trying to add a 3D Touch auto leveling sensor. I have the connections that I need made. However, I need help with the Marlin V2 Sketch software to use the sensor.
Re: Need Help adding 3D Touch Auto bed leveling to RepRapGuru Prusa I3
January 19, 2017 08:52AM
adlammons
I have a RepRapGuru Prusa I3. It has an Arduino Mega 2560. I am trying to add a 3D Touch auto leveling sensor. I have the connections that I need made. However, I need help with the Marlin V2 Sketch software to use the sensor.

If it is indeed a 3D TOUCH instead of a BLTOUCH, then you bought a cheap, Chinese knock off of the Bltouch, which violates their patent. They are notorious for not working and they will not be supported. That being said, the latest marlin firmware 1.1.0 RC8 works fine and supports the BLTOUCH directly. You still have to do some work like the x, y, and z offsets though. That's in YOUR hands.

Folger Tech 2020 i3 and FT-5 as well as modified JGAurora A5 with direct drive E3D/Titan. All running the BLTOUCH.
Great kits. Having fun and running the heck out of them.
Running Marlin 1.1.0 RC8 on the i3 and FT5. Custom firmware on A5.
Folger Tech Wiki board >[folgertech.wikia.com]
January 19, 2017 10:31AM
Thank you for the information. I did unfortunately get sold the 3D Touch instead of the BLTouch. I have already fixed that by ordering the real thing. I am currently running the RepRap_Guru_Marlin_V.2 firmware. I will need to dive into changing over to the root Marlin 1.1.0-RC8 version as i can't find code in the RepRap version to handle the sensor. The offsets shouldn't be too killer to deal with after that. Again thank you for the information.
March 12, 2017 07:47AM
What did you use to mount your 3D Touch? I'm considering buying a BLTouch, for my reprapguru prusa i3, and if you already have a bracket designed, that would be great.

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login