Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heating Failure

Posted by stechkg42 
Heating Failure
January 15, 2017 12:13PM
I am brand new to 3D printing. I have a Hictop Prusa I3 that I assembled, leveled and tested. I successfully printed an small box using an SD card holding the GCODE generated from Cura 14.12 and tried to print a small project. About 10 minutes in to the printing of the project the LCD displayed "Heating Failure". I was unable to get he display to change by turning or pressing the control knob. I powered down the printer and tried again. This time I made sure the Head and Bed came to tempature and watched as the project started again. I left after the printing it looked to be going well. When I returned the LCD again showed Heating Failure.

Can someone please tell me where I need to look or do you know what my issue may be? I've attached the Gcode files is that helps.
Attachments:
open | download - ScalingBox_Inch.gcode (41.8 KB)
Re: Heating Failure
January 15, 2017 03:43PM
I don't know much about your specific machine as mine is an Anet A8, but I would think that you have a problem with either the extruder or bed thermistor. Disconnect them from the control board and take a resistance reading across each. If they differ then one has a problem, on the Anets they are 100kohm and it's probable that yours are as well. If they both read the same then move the extruder about the bed by hand and see if at some point the resistance varies or goes to open circuit. The same check on the bed thermistor. This should help to track down the fault.
January 18, 2017 03:24PM
Talked with a friend of mine who works in a CNC shop. He said I was running the filament to fast for the small printer/heater head. I cut the speed from 50 to 20 and now I'm printing!
January 18, 2017 03:43PM
You may have a bad connection to your hot end thermistor, turn on the heater and wiggle the wires
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login