Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

P802QR2 : gcode for levelling not working?

Posted by ricorico94 
P802QR2 : gcode for levelling not working?
January 06, 2017 05:38PM
Hi,

I ordered a P802QR2 which I just tried to assemble and test. I updated its FW to v1.4.
I could run properly the checking & debugging steps, and when I run the debugging, I can see that extruders heat up and that motors for extruding are runnig ok (note: I had to set to OFF the DRY RUN setting for motors to work)
But when I try to follow the levelling guide and run the P802_levle_test.gcode on the SD Card (I simply copy/pasted the gcode file from the ZIPs to a SDCard), the extrder don't seem to heat and the motors don't push the filaments. The head is however moving in all directions (thus seem ok).
I tried to "pre heat PLA" in Quick menu before running the gcode above, but in such case, I can see that temperature of extruders decrease as soon as I start running the gcode file.
I tried also the R2_Test_Block.gcode file, but same issue (ie head is moving, but temperature decreases or remains low and filament does not move).

Is there a step I need to do before running the gcode files to setup temperatures that printer should use ?

Thank you for your advises,
Ricorico94
Re: P802QR2 : gcode for levelling not working?
January 06, 2017 05:54PM
Yes, open the gcode file in a text editor and look at the beginning of the file for the commands to heat the bed and extruders. I suspect that they are missing.

The preheat command is over-ridden when you start to print a file. If the code file does not contain the necessary heating commands then the bed and extruder will begin to cool. Once the extruder drops below a certain temperature its stepper motor will be locked out to prevent damage by trying to extrude un-melted filament. All other movements will still take place.

The DRY RUN setting should only affect extruder motors. The X, Y and Z motors should function whether set to dry run or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2017 05:57PM by Supermec.
Re: P802QR2 : gcode for levelling not working?
January 08, 2017 06:14PM
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Indeed, the gcodes seem different and only use 1 extruder. Maybe this syntax is not compatible with dual extruder as well.
However, as I raised later the question to supplier, they answered me the following:
Zonestar
P802_levle_test.gcode
---> this gcode don't heat the hotend, it just used to help you level the bed.
After you "print" the "P802_levle_test.gcode", please reset the printer, because this gcode let the print enter a "debug mode", need to reset the printer to exit this mode
Their assembly guide is a bit confusing (on same page, they show printing samples..), but it seems they were not aiming at really printing anything with that file.

So I didn't change the code as you suggested, but at least I looked at gcode structure and started to uderstand several things, so thanks a lot !
This said, I face severe printing issues, but I'll open antoehr topic for that..
br,
ricorico94
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login