Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2020 Prusa i3 kills my laptop

Posted by DynamiteHack 
2020 Prusa i3 kills my laptop
January 03, 2017 07:19PM
Hello-

I ran into a situation last night that I need some help with. I was working on tuning my stepper motors. Using the information provided here, Adjusting stepper current, I was able to make my steppers run incredibly quietly with barely any heat build up. I printed a job that took about two hours and it ran great.

Not being one to leave well enough alone, I found a video on speeding up the printer. This involved doing resonance testing and isolating and testing acceleration speeds. Tuning Speeds Close to the end of one of these tests, the printer stopped running. I also noticed that my 2004 display only displayed white squares. To top it off, I also noticed that my laptop had shutdown. After unplugging the printer from the wall I restarted my laptop and reconnected it to the printer via usb. The display came on normally. As soon as I plug in the printer to the wall however, my laptop shuts down and my display goes back to white squares.

Any ideas? From what I've been able to glean from similar posts, sounds like I fried a board. Any tips on how to isolate the failure would be appreciated. I'd like to think this was bound to happen at some point and I just found an existing issue rather than my curiosity killed the printer!! LOL!

Thanks in advance!
'hack

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2017 08:06PM by DynamiteHack.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login