Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Zonestar P802QR2 dual head issues

Posted by 366Cobra 
Zonestar P802QR2 dual head issues
October 27, 2016 10:01PM
Hi Everyone,

I have bought one of these printers as well, but I am having some issues with it.
I have tried different firmwares from their shared drive, but none of them seem to work for me.

They have two firmwares to choose from - am guessing it is still a pretty new printer -, a V11 and V13, but I have issues with both of them.
These are the issues I have faced so far:
1. One has issues booting
When powered up you can go and make a coffee
2. Cannot get auto levelling to work
One freezes after leveling - no more button response, the other thinks the bed is wider than it is and hits the post.
2. Issues printing dual color
When it print dual color, then they are offset by about 5 mils
The dual color example block mixes colors, as one color prints into the other, or it does not print one color at all.

Has anyone got this printer working?
Am using ABS and bed temp of 110 degC and hot-end at 240 degC seem to work ok, apart from warping, but that is not the printers fault.

Thanks
Peter

PS. This is a pretty cool and solid looking printer - it is my first one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2016 10:27PM by 366Cobra.
Re: Zonestar P802QR2 dual head issues
October 28, 2016 01:49PM
I'm replying to follow this thread. I have the Zonestar P802QS (single head) but was thinking about purchasing the upgrade. Also you might want to try the Zonestar facebook group: [www.facebook.com] ...Zonestar answers questions on there from time to time but there might be dual head users there as well.
January 19, 2017 01:50PM
Hi,

I bought also a P802QR2.
This answer is arriving too late to help you, I guess, but maybe it can help some other people : you need to adjust the offset of second extruder in Configuration menu then under Extruder.
I think it requires a few steps to perfectly adjust (at least, I first measured "roughly" the gap, and adjusted, and then I had to print a few "R2 Test blocs" to better adjust.
They provide a guide for that, but in my case, the increase/decrease advises were opposite to the guide..

Note that I had also to adjust manually the height of second extruder, and on that point, I still ahve some difference between the two that I can't fix (it seems the heatbed is not eprfectly flat or it's due to position on X axis, I'm not sure yet).

one question on your ABS prints: did you try to measure the actual temperature of heatbed ? Mine is only reaching 65°C even after long time, even though the printer reports "110°C".

br,
ricorico94
January 23, 2017 04:31AM
Hi ricorico94 ,

>you need to adjust the offset of second extruder in Configuration menu then under Extruder.
ok, i was told not to modify these, but now will give that a go. Thanks

>did you try to measure the actual temperature of heatbed ? Mine is only reaching 65°C
same here. took me a while to work it out, as I thought that the display was right LOL
replaced it with one where the heating element is directly on the alu plate and now all is good.
January 29, 2017 04:54PM
Hi 366Cobra,

Could you tell me more on how to fix the heatbed temperature issue ? You mean you repaced the temperature sensor of the heatbed by another one which is sticked on the metal plate itself ? Could you describe which model (link ?) of sensor and how you did fixed it ? (between heater and metal plate (enough space for it?) ? or on top of metal plate (no problem with nozzles?)
Also, no risk to damage the heater if temperature of heatbed goes too high ?

NB: I tried to put some cork below the heatbed. I won a couple degrees, but not much.

and maybe another question:
- did you succeed conecting Cura 2.3 ? In my case it only works with previous version 15.04.5, but they told me Cura 2.3 gives better results.

By the way, I forgot to mention that in my configuration parameters, I had noticed that settings for the 2 extruders were not always the same. For instance, I had different steps/mm values and acceleration values. They didn't answer for accelartions (3000 or 5000?), but for steps/mm theys aid they should be the same and equal to 85 steps/mm.

I also had issues with printings stopping when using SDCard. It seems working now that I have folded the 2 boards strips into aluminium paper..

br,
Ricorico94

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2017 04:57PM by ricorico94.
January 30, 2017 03:19AM
Hi,

>Could you describe which model (link ?)
I bought one of there and it works great.
[www.ebay.com.au]

>I tried to put some cork below the heatbed
am using something under the heatbed as well, so that the heating element is not just heating my room.

>did you succeed conecting Cura 2.3
i am using 15.04.6 under Mac

>I had noticed that settings for the 2 extruders were not always the same
will check that out, but have not gotten to it yet.

>It seems working now that I have folded the 2 boards strips into aluminium paper
had the same issue and removed the controller from the frame.
Shielded wire would have been so much better.

Cheers
Peter
February 15, 2017 04:29AM
Thank you for the links and advice.
I'll need to use another type of heatbed as that one is smaller than my current heatebed (220x220), ut I thuink I found equivalent ones.
How did you manage the cables ? (power cables and themristor cable) ? Did you reuse the ones of your initial heatbed or did you order some others ?
I'd prefer not removing the ones of my initial heatbed to avoid issues in case I want to come back to it, but while I found thermisor cables (I think it's the standard 100k thermistor), I could find clearly the cables for powering the heatbed.

br,
Ricorico94
February 16, 2017 02:31AM
>as that one is smaller than my current heatebed
that was more for reference, so that you could see that the heating elements is glued to the plate and not a separate sheet.

>Did you reuse the ones of your initial heatbed
yes, un-soldered them and stuck them straight on the new one.
February 21, 2017 05:31PM
Hi,

Would you know the specifications for hot end parts ? I might want to purchase extra nozzle, throat, etc. to try metal filaments which are abrasive, but I don't find any info on models to be purchased..
For instance: is the nozzle a MK8 model ? Which throat is used ? (shape, PTFE,..) (I did not dare yet dismantling the whole head to see what's inside...)

br,
Ricorico94
February 22, 2017 05:17AM
Sorry, I do not know.
just ask them which ones you need for the machine you bought.
they should have spares.
May 10, 2017 10:44AM
ricorico94

Note that I had also to adjust manually the height of second extruder, and on that point, I still ahve some difference between the two that I can't fix (it seems the heatbed is not eprfectly flat or it's due to position on X axis, I'm not sure yet).

ricorico94

hi

how did you do that
how ajust manually the height of second extruder

sorry but i'm french with a bad english
i have the p802qr2 but i can't never used the two extruder and autosensor
do you arrive???

thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login