Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger 2020 Extruder Help

Posted by schmuck 
Folger 2020 Extruder Help
June 26, 2016 01:20AM
Hey guys,

So I did my first print and all the axis seem to be working in harmony perfectly and everything seems to be fine except for the extruder, the motor doesn't seem to get a good grasp of the filament and spit it out correctly, I haven't calibrated the extruder yet, but I don't think that I would be able to if the extruder isn't able to push the filament out on its own. I was able to get an ok first print when I was constantly pushing out more filament. The extruder sound like its wanting to work but doesn't do what its supposed to obviously. Is there anyway for me to tighten up where the filament goes in for me to have a better grip on it? Or is there something else that I am missing?

[youtu.be]

sorry for the horrible video quality

in the photo the first print with a little bit of force feeding from me is on the left and the right is a full print of me force feeding the filament when I thought it needed it.

Thanks for your help
Schmuck
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_4734-min.JPG (585.2 KB)
Re: Folger 2020 Extruder Help
June 26, 2016 01:57AM
Replied to you on my blog...but I'd say check that the gear on the extruder stepper isn't slipping on the shaft. It's not uncommon for the grub screw(s) to be loose and if that gear can turn on the shaft then it can't push filament.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login