Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thinking of buying a P3Steel kit from Orballo

Posted by paulhurleyuk 
Re: Thinking of buying a P3Steel kit from Orballo
November 06, 2016 06:20PM
Sorry to hear that and I hope they come through quickly with your missing frame parts. As far as I can tell I have all the frame parts, but they forgot to add the bolts, so with only the nuts I haven't gotten far smiling smiley. Still waiting on those nuts.
November 08, 2016 08:10PM
cjackolass
Hi !

I bought a frame and printed parts from orballo and ... omg ! they missed 3 parts on the frame and of course after 5 weeks and 2 resend (maybe or not ...) i don't have any parts that promise sad smiley

Printed parts are unusable and all the parts aren't in the package ... that's my experience but i'm still waiting for my parts !

++

Did you receive the missing parts? Still haven't received my missing bolts and I can't source them locally in stainless steel, only regular zinc steel. Also, what's wrong with the printed parts? If you could post a photo that may help others to decide if they want to order those from Orballo or look elsewhere.
November 18, 2016 06:08AM
I received the missing nuts so that's good, just took a bit longer than I would have liked, but they got here. I think if you have an issue it's best to give them a call rather than mailing. Hugo has been responsive, I don't think there's any bad will, just maybe not as tightly organized as could be. The frame itself I'm perfectly happy with and all in all I would probably order from them again if I would need another frame.
December 08, 2016 12:21AM
Got my steel body from orballo, its missing a lot of parts.
See picture of parts I got. I emailed them now waiting for them to respond.

Edit: Made a quick edit for p3steel parts image, green = part I got, red = part that is missing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2016 03:22AM by Masa.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20161207_084510-1200x1590.jpg (465 KB)
open | download - parts.jpg (333.6 KB)
December 08, 2016 02:39AM
Wow. I would give them a call, I found that when getting them on the phone things moved along. Hope you received your parts soon.
December 08, 2016 11:24AM
Masa
Got my steel body from orballo, its missing a lot of parts.
See picture of parts I got. I emailed them now waiting for them to respond.

Got response from Hugo so things are moving along, all so checked the packaging for damage more carefully and found one ~7cm tear on one edge of packade. So now its possible that missing parts are scattered all over Europe.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20161208_120155-972x1288.jpg (175.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_20161208_115959-972x1288.jpg (127.4 KB)
December 11, 2016 06:22AM
for prusa P3 steel owners or people thinking of buying one :

[scheuten.me]

This blog inspired me of rebuilding my P3 to his MK2 configuration,
My print quality improved significant, and noise reduced to almost nothing.

worth to read it, and all parts are on thingiverse!

My printing experience went from frustration to happiness smiling smiley

just my 2 cents

Creality CR6-SE on Community FW
[github.com]

P3-Steel Homebrew on Repetier FW
April 29, 2017 04:06PM
I realize this is an old post and so my input probably won't help the OP, but I wanted to warn others:

I ordered a Prusa i3 kit with a steel frame (P3Steel) from Orballo Printing. I asked for it to be modified for Bowden rather than direct drive. After taking weeks to ship it (they said they were working on the Bowden modification -- I wouldn't have asked for it had I know it wasn't a normal option they had experience with), I finally received a kit with ZERO instructions, and a lot more 3D printed parts than my other Prusa. I have no idea how to assemble it even though I have assembled a Prusa before -- there are too many extra pieces with no obvious purpose.

Also, some of the parts are poorly printed, and I suspect some parts are just missing (difficult to tell for certain since I don't have instructions). Additionally, after all this waiting, I don't think this actually is a Bowden version. The hot end is designed to directly take a filament, not a teflon tube, and no teflon tube was provided.

I've contacted them multiple times. Most of the time they don't respond at all. When they do, they aren't helpful. This has been extremely frustrating. I strongly suggest not buying from them.
April 30, 2017 01:39AM
[reprap.org]

I ordered the frame, black, so I can't speak to the printed parts. Arrived in ~2 weeks ?3? Took a bit of time to ship, but DHL got it to middle America in under a week. I can't remember specific dates, work been busy.

Looks pretty sexy. But I forgot to order the bolts with it :BibleThump:

Silver lining is, I got some all black bolts on order from ebay.

Frame looks solid. I'm happy with my purchase.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2017 02:24AM by VonRansak.
May 09, 2018 08:31AM
I also ordered a frame and components there.

The orders were partly not delivered. The printed components are of very poor quality.

Never again!
May 15, 2018 07:32AM
danistra
I also ordered a frame and components there.

The orders were partly not delivered. The printed components are of very poor quality.

Never again!

Hello Daniel,

Sorry for the inconveniences. As agreed by email you prefer send you the PLA spool. We are going arrange the spools by UPS.

Best regards.
May 24, 2018 04:54AM
Yes, here is a Tip? DONT, but looking at the date of your post, I think I am to late?
May 24, 2018 06:03AM
I have had my i3 P3Steel Kit from Orballo for 6 weeks now. Thinking that based on my last 40 years on a workbench, building and wiring much more complicated units, it would be a dawdle, and it was? But I was kidding myself that I would be able to learn enough about .stl files, g-code etc etc. to make this an enjoyable experience. As this was an 82nd Birthday present to myself? As I already live in Spain, the DIY Kit arrived in less than 24 hours, was well packed, and complete down to the last M3 nut and screw. But after struggling with it every day for the last 6 weeks, I have come to the decision, that I am never going to enjoy trying to use it. I live on my own and have all day every day, from dawn to dusk to play with it. I have had some minor printing success with it, just the usual bits and pieces from Thingiverse etc 20mm test cubes, articulated slugs and Butterflys, but nothing complicated. I did try to create a Venus de Milo, it printed everything reasonably well, but it did not end up with her head? let alone her arms.But anyway, to stop waffling on, I am of this moment, putting everything UP FOR SALE. Which of course, includes the all black 3D Printer MK3. Built and wired to a very high standard, as is my way. 2 unused and still in their anti static bags, OVM 20 Lite Atmega pcb control boards, from my friend and company owner Javier Valero, of StaticsBoards.es. Whose premises are only a short drive from Orballos company, in North West Spain. also of course, 5 reels of PLA Filament in White, Blue, Orange, Yellow and Green. But I have concentrated on using the white 95% of the time, just to practice with, As I considered it a boring colour? So far, this has cost me approximately €785 with Orballo, and another €85 with StaticBoards.es after I fried the 12v to 5v Regulator, by connecting the X axis End Stop the wrong way round? ( Invoices available ) But Javier not only repaired the 1st board, but sent me 4 spare Voltage Regulators as well, just for the cost of the P&P. ( Orballo pay attention) So fellow members,if any of you, or anyone you know, would be interested in buying the whole kit and caboodle? please message me through this website, or to my email address, at ( [email protected]) It could be quite expensive to ship via a Courier, outside of Spain, but especially to the Uk, but, within the EU, should be very reasonable. I think the initial cost to Orballo, was about €15 door to door, using the Spanish Post Office branch of CORREOS EXPRESS. very nice people. So there we are Folks, a sad tale I know. But I just want it to go to a good home, and the saving must be in the region of about €200 to the lucky buyer. I am not desperate, unless I can receive a fair and reasonable offer, it can just sit in the wardrobe, for ever. Obviously, I can send as many photos of it as you may wish. As I have taken loads? Good Luck. Ray
ps. Sorry, I am not interested in splitting the items, unless there are at least 2 people or more, interested?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2018 06:14AM by cutedragon33.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login