Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help removing support material

Posted by built350camaro 
Help removing support material
September 30, 2015 11:44AM
I am having a hard time removing any support material on any of my prints that need it. My I3 2020 prints them fin but the connection between the support and the part doesn't come off clean.. Is there something I need to change in the slicer program to help this?
Re: Help removing support material
September 30, 2015 03:31PM
are you printing PLA or ABS? I'm hooked on PLA and, with all the problems I read on here about all the problems, I'm staying with PLA. If you're on PLA, I bought this tempered glass plate >>[smile.amazon.com]

That along with a dusting of hair spray has totally eliminated any problems with the part sticking during printing and when the plate cools to ambient, the part just lifts off. I might go 10 prints before respraying and I really wonder if I even need the hair spray. My bed heats to 70 in 6 minutes too without anything under it to insulate it.
September 30, 2015 05:09PM
I don't think that's the problem that the OP is describing - he's talking about getting support material off a printed part, after removing it from the bed.
September 30, 2015 05:54PM
You're right, David! Duh.....
September 30, 2015 05:54PM
I am using ABS for this print and I am not having problems with it sticking to the bed I am having problems getting the supports off the part once it is printed.
September 30, 2015 08:35PM
What slicer? I used slic3r yesterday and printed ABS with supports and they came off good.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
September 30, 2015 08:58PM
Printing with the Cura that is in repetier-host. It has a better finish that what I could get with slic3r.
October 01, 2015 07:26AM
Hi,

I guess it's a question of offset settings.
Play with Expert Config > Support > distance X/Y and distance Z values.

++JM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2015 07:27AM by J-Max.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login