Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin not keeping Esteps/mm from the LCD

Posted by RRuser 
Marlin not keeping Esteps/mm from the LCD
September 20, 2015 12:50PM
My marlin/arduino (1.0.6) setup is not accepting adjustments from the LCD (control > motion > Esteps/mm). I put it it, it registers on the screen, then nothing changes on the next print. Change the steps again on the LCD, then the next print does change but in the wrong direction. Change steps again, then nothing. Change steps again, and then it extrudes backwards.

However, change it in Configuration.h and upload, and it works every time. Been doing this from day one. Is this normal ?
Re: Marlin not keeping Esteps/mm from the LCD
September 20, 2015 02:33PM
I just found out how to do this yesterday from Animoose.

uncomment //#define EEPROM_SETTINGS and //#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT in the configuration.h file

Just remove the // in front of both of them, reload configuration.h and you should be good to go.
September 20, 2015 04:00PM
Thanks. I did already know about eeprom, and it is currently turned off, but my understanding of how the marlin LCD works is that you can makes changes via the LCD and then print again (no reboot), and those changes should be visible on the next print. Of course if you reboot (eeprom off), you loose those changes, but I'm talking about not rebooting.

Other changes still work however; I can change nozzle temp, flow, speed, etc, real-time during a print, and they'll hold until the next print if you don't reboot. But Esteps/mmm only give sporadic results and sometimes even turns the extruder backwards (retract).
September 20, 2015 05:06PM
Hmmm, I didn't notice any of that before I enabled the EEPROM write. I WAS having a heck of a time calibrating my extruder though................ I traced that to the drive gear binding inside of the extruder drive motor though. After I fixed that, I had no problems for a half dozen prints before I enabled the EEPROM.

No answers here. Sorry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login