Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Favorite G code sendes?

Posted by XYZM 
Favorite G code sendes?
September 13, 2015 12:31AM
Out of the list provided on the wiki, what is a good one to use.

I want to venture away from using repetier, which is endorsed by geeetech.

Whats a good one to use with the GT2560 board.

MatterControl
Cura
ReplicatorG
RepSnapper
RepRaptor
RepRap Host Software
send.py
reprap-utils (not supported anymore)
Pronterface
RebRep
Repetier-Host (closed source)
X2sw
Simplify3D (closed source)
OctoPrint
Re: Favorite G code sendes?
September 14, 2015 03:23AM
Bear in mind that some of the tools listed above are slicer tools only while some of them controls your printer through usb.

Since you're using geeetech printer, I'm sure you have lcd panel with sd card support. You could just send the gcode generated with slic3r or cura or simplify3d or any gcode/slicer tools you want to the sdcard, then put the sdcard into the lcd panel and you're good to go to print.

Should your lcd panel are broken or you don't have one, my only suggestion is to use pronterface aka printrun. This one almost like repetier host but pronterface sends g and m command to the controller board instead of repetier, uses your computer as its firmware. (correct me on this one)

I had several problems using geeetech based controller board and mainly on the stepstick and lcd panel.
September 20, 2015 02:38PM
Awesome, thanks for the reply.

Yeah I am connected vis USB, opted out on the extras.
September 21, 2015 03:45AM
On my update, I had to ditch all geeetech based boards, gt2560 and geeetech sanguino 1.3a, because both are unable to use the "conventional" full graphic lcd panel, reason being nothing were shown, even with 20x4 panel (both are not from geeetech, one came with kit were busted from the start). Also using them you might encounter the stepstick not compatible with the board. If you have a working lcd but tried to change all stepstick on to the board do check the lcd panel contrast, if the text slowly fading away means the stepstick most likely incompatible with the board and eventually overheats.

So, I am on ramps 1.4, chinese arduino mega, fitted my servo for auto bed leveling as well over there. gt2560 doesn't have servo control but they got fan ports, I wonder if those can be used for servo instead of 12v power supply only?

In overall I'm happy to use ramps 1.4 rather than geeetech based boards or basically their production line (hopefully this ain't true)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login