Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

raft Problem

Posted by muntahunta 
raft Problem
September 08, 2015 09:17AM
I have a raft problem in that whatever item I print, the side that is on the bottom (touch the raft) looks terrible, not flattened into a nice flat plastic, but looking like filament compared to printing on the bed.

I know that this is due to me lifting the "air gap layer 0" higher so that the raft is easy to peel off (if i dont, i always end up with unmovable raft parts stuck)

Has anyone god a solution to this. my current raft settings are...

Extra Margin: 2
Base Line Thickness 0.3
Interface Thickness: 0.2
Air Gap Layer 0: 0.5
Air Gap: 0
Line Spacing: 1
Base Line Width 0.7
Interface Line Width: 0.2
Num Surface Layer: 1

I cant go any lower than 0.5 on air gap layer 0 or the raft gets stuck.
Also, are there any of these settings I could change to speed up creating a raft? currently it takes around 30 mins on a 3 hour print just for the raft.
Re: raft Problem
September 12, 2015 11:50AM
Have you tried a brim instead of a raft? I tried rafts and was seeing the same issues as you. I have found the brim to be enough to hold the piece in place it's also quick and easy to remove.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
September 14, 2015 07:19AM
ill give it a go, but it means finding an alternative tape (im using blue tape atm, but when taking the print off the bed, the blue color comes off too so i end up with horrible blue faced prints.
not a huge problem, but once i find a suitable cheap replacement ill give it a go.
September 14, 2015 11:39PM
I would try glue I have used a glue stick but now I have been using elmers from a bottle diluted with a few drops of water applied with a brush. I like the brushed on better because I pretty much get the same finish on the bottom as on the bare glass.

[elmers.com]

September 15, 2015 06:54AM
My plate isnt glass, it is acryllic.
September 15, 2015 08:07AM
Ahhh sorry I didn't think to ask that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login