Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Replacing Teflon Tube in Hot End

Posted by Prussian 
Replacing Teflon Tube in Hot End
August 05, 2015 07:09PM
Hello,

I have recently built an Aurora Z605 3d printer and have run into an issue attempting to run my first print. The extruder seemed to be running but no filament was actually being extruded. I took it apart and saw that the motor was running in reverse. I switched the wiring but it still would not extrude. Then I took the hot end apart and found that the teflon tube appears to be clogged. I know that Aurora printers have low quality hot ends and this is what happens when I get one but is it possible for me to replace the hot end with an all metal part? Or should I just order more teflon tube? And if so, where do I order it from? I would much rather replace it with some sort of metal feed tube though. So if that is possible I would be ecstatic. I have attached a picture of the teflon tube which also seems to be partially melted, the extruder head, and the extruder feed tube.

-Prussian
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0342.JPG (589 KB)
open | download - IMG_0343.JPG (499.9 KB)
open | download - IMG_0344.JPG (544.4 KB)
Re: Replacing Teflon Tube in Hot End
August 06, 2015 09:32AM
it is as if you fired up your hot end at 280'c, you can just buy teflon tube, there's a lot online store out there, or you could machine yourself an m6 heatbreak, inner diameter is 2mm, length are up to you, even the e3d lite6 also have teflon tubing inside, costs to upgrade to v6 would be the same as you buy the v6 instead. Limit your hot end to 250'c only if possible
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login