Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger Tech 2020 question

Posted by mike3 
Folger Tech 2020 question
August 01, 2015 05:29PM
Hello on the Folger 2020 Extruder part M6x26 Stainless Steel Nozzle Throat I want to buy some replacements .. are there 2 different kinds.. I see some that says just Stainless steel and I see others that say it teflon lined? or all they all the same with teflon? thanks
Re: Folger Tech 2020 question
August 04, 2015 12:18AM
It sounds like you're describing the heatbreak. Teflon are lined on the inside with Teflon tubing which can break down at around 250c I believe. All metal aka stainless steal doesn't include Teflon lining. The specific type used in your printer should be replaced with the same. Look for a plastic tube inside to see if its lined or not.
August 04, 2015 07:24AM
gmckee
It sounds like you're describing the heatbreak. Teflon are lined on the inside with Teflon tubing which can break down at around 250c I believe. All metal aka stainless steal doesn't include Teflon lining. The specific type used in your printer should be replaced with the same. Look for a plastic tube inside to see if its lined or not.

Thanks for you reply,, I will look
August 04, 2015 08:28AM
The hotend that came with this kit has a teflon tube inside. 3mm od 2mm id

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2015 08:29AM by wderoxas.
August 04, 2015 12:46PM
mike3
Hello on the Folger 2020 Extruder part M6x26 Stainless Steel Nozzle Throat I want to buy some replacements .. are there 2 different kinds.. I see some that says just Stainless steel and I see others that say it teflon lined? or all they all the same with teflon? thanks

Definately teflon lined. I actually bought some teflon tubing to replace the stuff in the steel when it wears out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login