Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 interface Help

Posted by Patrickface 
Prusa i3 interface Help
July 09, 2015 05:01PM
Hello there, New to the forum and 3d printing and couldn't find a topic on this but if I missed one please point me in the right direction !

So I recently finished my prusa i3 rework build after I received my kit from Replikeo, Had a great time building , and followed a video tutorial on youtube through the process, however when I got the connecting the printer to pronter face I the printer was unresponsive, I may have missed some steps but it also might be something simple I missed,

this is the tutorial I followed [www.youtube.com]

many thanks !

Patrick
Re: Prusa i3 interface Help
July 09, 2015 05:23PM
Do you know if the firmware has been loaded onto the printer's board?

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
July 10, 2015 06:21AM
As far as I know it dosent, It says nothing about it the their website, I emailed them to try and find out but I am still waiting for a response,
July 10, 2015 07:25AM
If the firmware isn't loaded then the printer won't respond to pronterface. Either that or the driver hasn't loaded (it should load automatically, though, so the more likely reason is that the firmware hasn't been loaded onto the printer).

A quick google leads me to believe that the firmware hasn't been loaded. The replikeo wiki has instructions for installing Marlin here: [wiki.replikeo.com].

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
July 10, 2015 11:50AM
Yeah the drivers installed fine and the firmware was loaded , I just wasn't sure about any pre-existing firmware. I was able to get the printer to connect in Pronterface ( all the controls were no longer greyed out) it also seems to be reading the temperature of the hotend and the heat bed aswell but it still wont respond :/

thanks for the replies guys !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2015 12:17PM by Patrickface.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login