Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger Prusa i3 Kit doesn't print.

Posted by chromecarz00 
Folger Prusa i3 Kit doesn't print.
July 09, 2015 05:12AM
My folgertech prusa saga continues. I got half of a print off, after which I cancelled it and my fan in the power supply broke. Now I'm getting the sd init fail and unknown command errors. my firmware is marlin V1. I have no sd card on the ramps board so IDK why i'm getting this error, especially when it has worked in the past.

Everything mechanically works fine - moves, heats, extrudes, homes, etc. Please assist!
Re: Folger Prusa i3 Kit doesn't print.
July 09, 2015 05:38AM
SD Init fail simply means that the feature is enabled in Marlin, and it can't find a card. More of an annoyance error, if anything . . . I have gotten it for 3 months or so, no impact at all.

- Tim
July 09, 2015 02:58PM
Dammnit. So any idea why it has stopped working?
July 09, 2015 03:31PM
Did the fan in the supply fail, or did the supply fail and the fan is just a symptom? Sounds like it could be a power problem . . . have you metered the supply?

And can we see the actual errors? You haven't really given us much to run with . . . but a power problem may keep the bed or extruder from coming to temp, and the print job will wait until it does . . . . possibly forever . . .

- Tim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2015 03:33PM by tadawson.
July 09, 2015 03:32PM
The fan in the power supply failed (broke off the mount).

I haven't metered it, but I just don't understand how literally everything on a printer can work (all axis move, it extrudes, fan on, etc) but it just won't actually print anything. No errors in the gcode either that I see other than those and "unknown error".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login