Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FolgerTech Prusai3 ClearFrame RevB

Posted by geminidude 
FolgerTech Prusai3 ClearFrame RevB
June 30, 2015 11:57AM
Just assembled this unit, and completed the wirings (feel good so far), but now confused as I powered on everything.

I dont have much background in electronics, and consider myself a tinkerer:

Here's where things are at, and would appreciate if someone in this community can help me get past this:

1. I have verified all my wirings (the position of the Stepper drivers, the motor wires, etc.)

2. Was able to connect to the Arduino Mega (without the RAMPS board installed on it, coz when installed on it, I would never be able to get the board to connect on USB, without it - just worked like a breeze, so uploaded the Marlin firmware first, and then put the RAMPS 1.4 onto it).

2. Still struggling to get the RAMPS to power on now.

- When powered on, I do see the green LED come up and goes off (lasts for a second).

- I measured the voltage on the pololu stepper drivers and I get (0.280 / 0.280 / 0.310 & 0.280), these were the max I could tune them too, they would reset if I go any further. The documentation suggests to tune them to 0.350v (not sure how to get to this).

- I tried to measure the voltage on the Heated bed and get nothing (0), while power supply is hooked up. So, something tells me that either my heated bed connection is off or the board has some problem not distributing the power. The incoming power on the board registers fine (shows 12.6V). All outgoing terminals show 0.

How do I test each of the components on the board OR the board itself. Would like to know if something is fried already OR if its simply a configuration/wiring.

Would appreciate getting some support to get past this point.
Re: FolgerTech Prusai3 ClearFrame RevB
June 30, 2015 12:21PM
"I do see the green LED come up and goes off (lasts for a second)."

I assume your talking about the LED on the power supply.

Are you plugged in and getting power from the power supply? Are your mains correctly connected? What kind of USB port are you plugging the arduino into?

Typically an led turning on then off right away indicates a lack of current. Most small boards have current sensing in the power control that will kill power to the board if not enough current is supplied. So if your just powering the board from a USB port you may need a port that supplies more power or a powered hub. I am just speaking from experiences with rasp pi and arduino.
June 30, 2015 12:58PM
No, the green LED I m talking about is on my RAMPS 1.4 board, the green LED on the PSU is solid green all the time, and as I mentioned the incoming terminals on the board from the PSU do read 12.6V, so the power coming into the board is also fine.

You might be right, that its the board thats cutting it off, just not sure why.
July 01, 2015 06:50AM
Are you powering the Mega board from the USB or thru the RAMPS board. Does your RAMPS have the D1 diode in place to power the Mega????
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login