Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how do I load the configuration.h

Posted by gemors 
how do I load the configuration.h
June 25, 2015 09:30AM
Hi all,

Just completed building my Geeetech i3 with a GT2560 board and I'm getting the min temp error.

this thread seems to fix the issue: forum post

I just need a little guidance on how to load the configuration.h via the arduino interface onto the board.

thanks heaps
Re: how do I load the configuration.h
June 25, 2015 08:37PM
I am in the same position you are; except I am having trouble with my Y-axis endstop rather than temperature error. As this post is 2 weeks old, I have my fingers crossed hoping you got an answer elsewhere and would be willing to share it with me.

For those who stumble across this trying to fix a temp error
I am also new to the firmware configuration part of 3d printing though I have prior experience using other people's already configured printers. A low temp error may also be caused in the hardware by: a loose physical connection between the temp sensor and part it's measuring; excess wire attached to the sensor, especially if wrapped into a coil as is typically done for wire management(not sure if this is a major issue with thermistors it definitely can be with LM35 style sensors); a loose connection causing excess resistance and ruining accuracy; or simple a 'shot' sensor.
June 26, 2015 12:54AM
Basically just check your thermistor connection to the board first and check, if still mintemp error, there's definitely something wrong with the thermistor connection at the hotend part.

You could go over geeetech wiki to flash the firmware, but to be frank, most geeetech kits, probably all, has a preconfigured firmware installed to the board, basically you don't have to upload the firmware again unless you want to fine tune (like myself, max xyz axis).

For config.h file by geeetech themselves can refer here [forums.reprap.org], just have to change the board type

I soon going to change to gt2560 because mine is sanguinololu, has a very basic port that I can't use auto bed leveling, and sometimes my bed were too far from the nozzle, this was last night's case
June 26, 2015 06:36PM
Got it loaded, I initially downloaded some file some where that did not compile.

Got the marlin file from Geetech and that worked, well it loaded. but I had heaps of issues

XYZ only moved in one direction
XYZ home did not work
XYZ end stops did not work
Heatbed was reversed

Fixed all those up and now stuck with the last issue.

The extruder is feeding in the wrong direction. Any ideas on how to fix that as I cannot find a reverse setting for it.
June 27, 2015 04:53AM
Flip the connector, ever tried that?
July 26, 2015 04:59PM
Hi IMve got the same problem and Ive solved my self. My bord is GT2560. But pay attention to you schematic if you only got one xtruder use the extruder 1 slots and not extruder 2
July 29, 2015 04:12AM
gemors
Got it loaded, I initially downloaded some file some where that did not compile.

Got the marlin file from Geetech and that worked, well it loaded. but I had heaps of issues

XYZ only moved in one direction
XYZ home did not work
XYZ end stops did not work
Heatbed was reversed

Fixed all those up and now stuck with the last issue.

The extruder is feeding in the wrong direction. Any ideas on how to fix that as I cannot find a reverse setting for it.

In Configuration.h: #define INVERT_E0_DIR true
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login