Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Making a customizable partsmiling smiley

Posted by sarf2k4 
Making a customizable partsmiling smiley
June 18, 2015 02:31AM
Hi, I wanted to gather you guys who know in using openscad to make a customizable prusa i3 variant parts just by using presets for screw holes, other things are welcomed too.

I just finished building this [www.thingiverse.com] took me a lot of time debugging the errors and I got it. This carriage were combined from vanilla and geeetech because geeetech x carriage has an extended arm to push the endstop switch so I combined it and somehow it is fixed there, The only thing can be customized are the screw holes by using the presets (type). This is to make things more 'universal' by just using one design type, vanilla based along with the customizable screw hole and distance. Geeetech screw holes are slightly wider by about 3mm with m4 screws instead of vanilla, uses m3 with nut attached to the carriage.

The link above currently have 2 presets; geeetech and vanilla screw holes. Also the narrow, bottom part has been widened to accommodate wider screw holes. If you guys have a better design, can mash up with the presets found in the scripts link above and add into your scad file

One aim for this, to reduce/eliminate/mitigate remodelling the object from scratch just to adjust screw holes to fit
Re: Making a customizable partsmiling smiley
June 18, 2015 10:59AM
Good, I will look at this.
June 24, 2015 10:05PM
I just finished making a customizable geeetech based part to fit either nut or flanged nut and 45mm or 25mm lm8uu and here is the link [www.thingiverse.com]
June 26, 2015 10:48AM
Hi Sarf24

I had a look at it, but did not know how to use the TRUE/FALS stuff.

For the X carriage, the bearing alone, under the 2 for guiding, better make the groove a little larger than the bearing, if the machine have miss alignment this will help not place hard point in your machine.

Mechanically speaking, the 2 serial connected bearings, will guide the carriage, the 3rd one is only here for anti rotation. better give it some freedom.

good work.
June 27, 2015 05:05AM
Thank you for your feedback. The x axis, true/false means that you get the option to use a nut to drive the z axis. True means you will use a nut based you can find on most normal hardware and vanilla based from the github too uses nut on its default design, if false means uses geeetech default design, uses the flange nut shipped with the kit

I'm not sure about the x carriage, so far it is okay, though, the provided stock model (without hole), the bearing slot there are default from vanilla, I only make the bottom part wider to accommodate wider screw holes, also added the arm to push the switch, I probably going to make it shorter to achieve more x dimension
June 28, 2015 10:26AM
Small adjustment to add a mount for tower pro sized servo mount, sg9gr type or the 9 gram type of servo, still haven't made an arm to mount the end stop for auto bed leveling, in the future I'm going to release a v3 along with the mount for inductive sensor
June 30, 2015 03:59AM
I'm making this available in github to make this thing easier to be customized or adding more presets [github.com]
August 08, 2015 07:26AM
Going to adjust the extruder/groove mount adapter so that the e3d fan can be put directly underneath the mount
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login