Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger Tech 2020 i3 Printer Kit (Official Thread)

Posted by Dan_FolgerTech 
Re: Folger Tech 2020 i3 Printer Kit (Official Thread)
April 06, 2017 10:33PM
>Extruder starts to heat gets to 80c and then just stops heating

How about when you try other things? Same result?

I once had a 5mm thin wall calibration cube that was saved in g-code that repetier would do the same thing on, but if I printed other stuff, no problem.

Also, does the repetier/sd reader, say 'job finished' or something similar after it heats up and stops?
April 06, 2017 11:42PM
Hello! Where can I find the firmware to our printer?
April 07, 2017 05:15PM
Choices choices choices

Repetier: Repetier download

Marlin: Marlin download

Folger Tech I3 2020 Wikia page: [folgertech.wikia.com]

Custom Folger Tech I3 2020 custom search
April 07, 2017 09:24PM
[github.com]

I used this over the Google Drive FT Marlin.

Biggest code change I had to make was changing the Extruder Direction from - to +, or + to -, idr.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2017 09:25PM by VonRansak.
April 25, 2017 01:23PM
So I just sent Folgertech an email about this last night, but they haven't gotten back to me about it, so I figured I might as well post here and see if anybody has any idea about it. I'll also ask about a few other issues I've had.

I've had this printer running since early January, and its been running fine (aside from several issues, which I'll also ask about). But just last night when I went to start a print, I noticed that about 20 minutes after clicking "Start Print" in Repetier that the printer had not started the print. Repetier was showing that the heated bed was still just about room temp (which felt accurate, it even reflected my hand heating up the bed when I put it on there for a few seconds). I went about turning the bed on and off in Repetier several times, just hoping it was a fluke. Turns out that the LED for the heated bed on the RAMPS shield isn't even turning on. Everything else works fine (I can home the printer, heat the extruder, you know, the basics). I've used a multimeter just to see if my solder job came loose (which it didn't).

I've also got an issue with the heated bed being warped. It seems to be higher in the center than the edges, despite there being space under the bed in the center. I checked it with a metal ruler, and it does seem to bulge upwards slightly. I've got a Buildtak sheet adhered directly to the bed, so I really don't have a big "sweet spot" window (either being too high and corner get cut and stuff curls up, or being too low and being incredibly difficult to remove- I think last night I actually got some stuff down that'll be impossible to remove). While I'm waiting to get in contact with somebody from customer support to send me a new bed, are there any tricks I can do to fix this? And what can I do to prevent this from happening in the future?

I also can't get one of the Y axis rods secured. I never could get it secured, but I figured I'd ask. It's easy to slide it back and forth despite the clamps it goes into being as tight as I can possibly get them.

It seems that my X axis is mirrored too. I haven't printed any letters or anything yet, but based on what I see in Repetier and how prints come out, it all seems mirrored.

And finally, my Z axis endstop is a pain to adjust. I just cannot get it to move loosely enough to make fine adjustments, since the mounting piece I have for it currently is tight even without the nut and bolt to clamp it down.
April 25, 2017 08:50PM
tomytom99
While I'm waiting to get in contact with somebody from customer support to send me a new bed, are there any tricks I can do to fix this?
[www.homedepot.com]

tomytom99
And what can I do to prevent this from happening in the future?
Unless you adhere a flat plate (Alum, steel) most pcb heatbeds I've seen are neither structural or flat.

tomytom99
And finally, my Z axis endstop is a pain to adjust. I just cannot get it to move loosely enough to make fine adjustments, since the mounting piece I have for it currently is tight even without the nut and bolt to clamp it down.
First usable print you want is that adjustable Z. Something similar to this. [www.thingiverse.com]
May 23, 2017 10:47AM
I have recently acquired a 2020 i3 and I have it printing ok. I would like to add a parts cooling fan. I have purchased the fan, printed the mount and have everything wired up (connected to the D9 terminals) from what I have been able to find in the forums. My issue is the fan doesn't turn on. Am I missing something in the firmware? I am using the firmware from the Folger Tech Google drive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login