Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Frustrated

Posted by 1978bamf 
Frustrated
May 16, 2015 05:12PM
sorry guys but I need help now my printer wont do anything and I still have no idea what to do. HELP please. I need a walk through from start to finish. cause im not sure my printer even has firmware installed or what
Re: Frustrated
May 16, 2015 08:21PM
You have not provided enough information to get any help. What have you got? What steps have you gone through?

There are many variants of hardware and software, are any lights on, have you plugged it in, really at the moment I have no clue what you have managed to do.
May 17, 2015 12:16AM
Im running into some problems with my prusa aswell. What kind of issues are you having for me I am using windows 8 and am unable to get a driver installed.
May 17, 2015 03:21PM
Ok so i have a gt2560 board running on windows 7. At the moment i cant tell u what firmware is on the board because i cant get the printer to do anything other than turn on. I have no control of any part of the printer and the lcd screen is showing two black lines on it. When i first plugged it in and turn it on i had loaded the repeater program that was suggested by the manufacturer. But since then i cant get it work at all. Im sure if i didnt something wrong. Can i reprogram the control board or do something in order to gain control?
June 08, 2015 06:17PM
Did the manufacturer provide a wiring schematic? I would double and even triple check the wiring. I just got mine built and I consider myself fairly bright and I wired 2 things wrong. I ended up connecting the LCD panel backwards on the board while doing my wire management.

Let us know,

Tim
June 23, 2015 11:35AM
Ok so i finally got the printer where i can move the motors but still cant print. I have a gt2560 board with marlin formware that was preloaded when i got the card. I have a geeetech ic3 pro c dual extruders. Does anyone have a config. H. File that would help me get printing? I cannot even get the stepper motors to zero correctly and i really dont want to screw anything up again. Any help would be great. Oh last thing im running on win7
June 23, 2015 09:21PM
here, from geeetech themselves, just change your extruder numbers and board and you're good to go, I also used this config, only for steps, acceleration, homing and basically, about steps settings and my 20mm cube now are accurate (before it was about 2% larger)
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (29.2 KB)
June 25, 2015 09:33PM
THANK YOU!! I have been waiting on geeetech to send me firmware so I can get my first printer operating. Is the config.h file all that is needed to make changes to the firmware? I need to do something to my endstops, not sure what but 1 isn't working right. Can anyone direct me to instructions for how to load this file onto my printer? Preferably instructions meant for someone who has never used an audrino...writing malboage is easier than this.
June 26, 2015 12:46AM
Basically, yeah, I never compared the geeetech firmware and stock marlin but config advanced probably left untouched.

Endstops, probably better if you have a multimeter, my endstop connection is 1>signal, 3>ground/negative. Do check again after you wired it up, then send m119 to check endstop status.

Also check the cable if it's really connected
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login