Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Full Graphic Smart LCD_blank screen

Posted by Smatta 
Full Graphic Smart LCD_blank screen
May 12, 2015 02:21PM
Hello everyone

so, today i got my new LCD controller. I connected it and made adjustment in Marlin firmware.

Without the USB connected the LCD didn't worked so I suspected there's something wrong with Arduino mega 2650. And it is - it doesn't work even when additional adapter is plugged (5 V pin is fried or something?), but it works normally connected via USB.

But here is the problem - the LCD should work when Arduino is connected to computer - and it kinda does but it shows blue screen without any characters. And no, it's not contrast.

Any ideas? I attached an image of the LCD when Arduino is plugged via USB.

I had problems with Ramps 1.4 before - D9 pin was fried (I was using it for the fan) so i soldered a new one. After a while I thought the thermistor was going nuts - showing a temperature of 60 degrees celsius with heatbed not working, but with a new thermistor it was the same story - so it's Ramps but I don't know why. And today I discovered the Arduino is not working properly as described above.

Thanks in advance! smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - DSC_4737.jpg (446.6 KB)
Re: Full Graphic Smart LCD_blank screen
August 05, 2015 05:51PM
I think that we have the same problem. I stumbled across your post while looking for the one that I just made. This forum's FIND works as well as my Smart LCD !!!!!

Bill
August 07, 2015 12:33PM
I had the same problem then found that I had the ribbon cables mixed up. Swapped them over and all was well.
August 07, 2015 01:38PM
This Video helped me set up mine. Also the contrast knob is very touchy. Bumping mine can mess up the contrast making text unreadable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2015 11:01PM by gmckee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login