Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

z-axis coupler

Posted by sarf2k4 
z-axis coupler
May 11, 2015 08:34PM
Hi, I wanted to seek help in my z-axis coupler, the threaded rod I measured is around 7.5-7.7mm while the coupler is 7.9-8.0mm and it is loose, I tried to use ptfe tape but it turned out to be not doing well and it is a ridiculous option. The hole for stepper motor size were okay

Any of you guys can give me solution to this problem? Printed coupler parts also okay just recommend me a solution, I'm going off to some place this evening to print the coupler

Thank you in advance
Re: z-axis coupler
May 11, 2015 09:13PM
DO you want a 3d printed coupler? Or just an idea to make it work? I have aquarium tubing connecting my steppers and threaded rod. It has been working for 3-4 months now. I did put a white line in craft paint on the tubing and rod to be able to see if it had slipped at all.
May 11, 2015 09:14PM
ditched my tubing couplers on the z-axis and made my own out of setscrews and nylon spacers.
May 11, 2015 09:18PM
windcalmer
DO you want a 3d printed coupler? Or just an idea to make it work? I have aquarium tubing connecting my steppers and threaded rod. It has been working for 3-4 months now. I did put a white line in craft paint on the tubing and rod to be able to see if it had slipped at all.

Both would be good, I spent too much time last night trying to make it work but failed, I tried the adhesive plaster, it doesn't fit, fiber tape, too slippery, ptfe tape gets destroyed eventually.

And now I had to redo my bed leveling process which is more than a normal 3d printer owner have done, I did more than 5 bed leveling process within just 2-4 weeks

Could you give me example of aquarium tubing or a picture please?
May 11, 2015 09:30PM
Just snapped this one. I had a ton of this stuff laying around from Nerf projects.

May 11, 2015 09:37PM
windcalmer
Just snapped this one. I had a ton of this stuff laying around from Nerf projects.

I think I'm not gonna use this method, a longer nut and some kind of thingamajig to fit the motor shaft to the long nut isn't available and had to wait, I would go for printed coupler, I might going to print this one [www.thingiverse.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login