Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motor problems on new i3 hephestos

Posted by Mooepiuse 
Motor problems on new i3 hephestos
April 28, 2015 05:44PM
Hey just got my new Hephestos, have assembled it and powered it on, but nothing happens after that, i had tried to regulate height of z axis as i am told to in manuals, but can't come further than that, its like the motors aren't running in some way, what can be the problem? its brand new?

- Andreas
Re: Motor problems on new i3 hephestos
April 28, 2015 10:22PM
Did you click on the home buttons for the x, y and z axis? The motors won't move until they get homed so the machine knows it's limits.
April 28, 2015 10:55PM
The x axis touches the endstop and the y axis does touch endstop, but do i need to manually roll Down The Z axis as we'll so it touches the endstop? Because in the manual under printer settings I need to do this on the LCD display? And thereafter leveling the bed.
April 29, 2015 12:13AM
OK. I understand that the z axis is totally dead then and won't home? You will need to provide additional info for someone else to help. I am also new at this and learning. As I've learned, it helps to specify which controller boards you have, which stepper drivers you have, what firmware you are using and what software. Sounds to me though that you have a faulty stepper driver. But you might want to check to see that the wires are firmly plugged in and that you have the stepper driver set to provide enough power to the motors.
April 29, 2015 06:11AM
Both Z-Axis motors don't work?
You could connect the wires to a different axis on the controller board and see if they work. If so, then your controller board has a problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login