Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Major Layer Shifting issue (Geeetech Prusa i3)

Posted by crystalclear506 
Major Layer Shifting issue (Geeetech Prusa i3)
April 23, 2015 07:12AM
So I just finished building my first 3D printer ever that I ordered from Geeetech. I installed Marlin, did an e-step calibration and attempted to print several models but none of them are acceptable and I found this to be quite annoying.
The last model I have printed is the crosshair model that I got from Thingiverse. "http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:787997" and this is my printing result [See Attach] From what I can see during the printing process, I don't see the problem during the first layer printing as the dimensions of the object seems to be correct but things started to get worse and worse from second layer and above and I'm pretty sure I have tighten the timing belt strong enough on both axis. Could anyone please guide me to the solution as I'm completely a noob in 3D printing. Thank you.

Also, I would like to mention that my printer makes a short loud noise (from one of the stepper motors, not sure which one) every times I sent the print command, I don't know if it is related to the issue that I have or not.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0073.JPG (545.7 KB)
Re: Major Layer Shifting issue (Geeetech Prusa i3)
April 24, 2015 06:05PM
if your motor is making a noise then its your current, if you have a multimeter check your vref by putting red probe on the trim pot and black to ground and adjust it accordinaly i check what your motors current rating is and torque rating ie my motors or 70oz-in and 2.5 amps but i dont run them that as my drivers rated 2amps so i run them around 1.2amps whats you issue its missing steps cos currents either to high or too low

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2015 06:13PM by chris33.

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Re: Major Layer Shifting issue (Geeetech Prusa i3)
April 24, 2015 06:41PM
Thanks for the answer, anyway, I finally solved the problem with the layering. it is turned out that the y axis belt isn't tight enough as I thought it was, I'll check the current of my motors later once I got the multimeter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login