Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa I3v multiple print question using ninjaflex...

Posted by huntleybill 
Prusa I3v multiple print question using ninjaflex...
April 20, 2015 10:42AM
I have been trying out Ninja-Flex and have gotten my printer to do some pretty good prints with it.
One issue I am having is printing more than one item at the same time. Both parts come out stringy.
When printing just one item, the part comes out fine. I am using Slic3r to slice the prints.

My question is: It there a way to have the printer print multiple items but extrude them one at a time. In other words, if I wanted to print 3 pieces, I would like it to completely finish printing the first one and then move to the second one. Complete that one before moving to the third etc.

If so, how do I set this up?
Thank you

Thank you
Bill
Re: Prusa I3v multiple print question using ninjaflex...
April 20, 2015 10:55AM
Ive seen an ultimaker 2 do this from cura.
With the print profiles in cura for the ultimaker 2.

But i havnt noticed a switch or preference to use it with my prusa i2 when i use cura for slicing.

Gordon
April 20, 2015 12:28PM
I have found that if I go into Slic3r and goto "print settings" tab > Output option > check the box for "complete individual objects" which is exactly what I want to do. If that is checked you then get an error: Can't call method "clone" on unblessed reference.........line 157"

I have been searching the internet looking for solutions to this. In a nut shell, all I have found is instructions like goto "print settings" tab > Output option > uncheck "complete individual objects" . White this does work to get rid of the error, it defeats the whole purpose of getting the machine to complete each object separately.

BTW, the Slic3r version I am using is 9.9.

Does anyone have a solution for this??

Thank you
Bill
April 23, 2015 08:56PM
Anybody???? Hello???

Thank you
Bill
April 24, 2015 12:36AM
There have been two stable versions and fifteen experimental versions since 0.9.9. Is there a reason you're still on it? When I find a bug with software, trying different versions is one of the first diagnostic things to try.
April 25, 2015 04:54PM
Thank you IMBoring...I tried a newer version and that has fixed my issue.
I didn't know there was a new version. Lesson learned...check for updates often!!!!

Thank you
Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login