Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First print, z goes down without stopping at endstop sad smiley

Posted by irab88 
First print, z goes down without stopping at endstop sad smiley
March 28, 2015 12:50PM
My first printer, my first print, it's a first for everything, so nothing is too basic. I know electronics, I know mechanics, but the interactions between Marlin firmware, slic3r software, and pronterface interface are confusing.

yes, the bed is leveled and endstops (all 6 in place) attached. the printer can home just fine.

The problem is when I try to print the test cube (tried different files), the z-axis moves away from home and doesn't stop. it doesn't stop at the other endstop like i'm pretty sure it should. Also, the fan doesn't turn on. I know it works because i saw it turn on once, but I forgot what I was doing at the time.

Is there something I'm overlooking? Is there a version of firmware/software that you guys are using that just works? Should I just leave 3D printing to the "pros"?

I've searched, but all my results are only partially relevant. I don't know what's going on with this at all.

Thanks in advance for any help, I'll take anything you guys are willing to help with.

[grumbles to self while stepping away from the keyboard]
Re: First print, z goes down without stopping at endstop sad smiley
March 28, 2015 06:41PM
Never mind. It is easy, I just needed to download the firmware from github.

Newest version = no more issues. I would have a full cube right now if i hadn't run out of testing filament.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login