Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wiring issue

Posted by darktran007 
Wiring issue
March 27, 2015 10:07PM
Hi everyone This is my first post

I am currently building a Prusa i3 from floggertech

I have assembled everything and when i went to plug in the printer so that i could start setting the correct Vref i immediately blew a fuse in my apartment for that outlet.

Two potential issues

I am not sure if I have wired the power chord up since it was only two colors for all three of the wires. (The ground, Neutral, and live slots on the far right have the power chord wires brown black brown respectively)
Secondly i didn't realize the power supply was on 220V i meant to use the 110v

Here is a picture of the wiring to the power supply any help is greatly appreciated!
Attachments:
open | download - Photo on 3-27-15 at 9.49 PM.jpg (192.4 KB)
Re: Wiring issue
March 28, 2015 08:22AM
Get a multimeter and test. Sounds like you mixed up the same-colored wires.

Round prong is ground. Tall blade is neutral (return), short blade is hot (live).
March 28, 2015 09:41AM
Indeed look for your problem no further than the power cord. I do suggest you buy a new power cord, possibly with proper terminals already crimped to the wires. It's usually a $1 or so item from any shop that sells electrical parts.

The one I see in the photo seems to be in such bad shape that I would simply throw it away (just my $0.02).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2015 09:42AM by AndrewBCN.
March 28, 2015 10:24PM
That worked perfectly, and yes I agree come monday im going to go get a new chord. So i set all the potentiometers for the stepper drivers but after setting up the repetier software i tried to connect the printer and i keep getting an error saying "The connection failed with the following error: the parameter is incorrect. Make sure your printer is connected, enabled and connection data is set correct" Then it asks me if i want to open printer settings

I thought it might be the port they are trying to communicate on but the Arduino software only allows me to select the com3 port so I have that selected as the communication port in the repetier software
March 28, 2015 11:23PM
Ive narrowed it down apparently the arduino sketches arnt uploading, i keep getting this

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

ive been searching the Arduino forums, tried reinstalling new Arduino software still not working
March 29, 2015 01:01AM
Fixed it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login